Top 3 Issues and Problems in Samsung Galaxy S3
By Mary Elaine Ramos | July 6, 2012 3:40 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3, the latest smartphone offering from Samsung, is considered as one of the top smartphones in the market. Despite having this title, there are still some flaws in Samsung Galaxy S3 that users are complaining about.
Some of these issues were already addressed by Samsung but there are still Samsung Galaxy S3 users who are complaining about these issues regarding their new Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphones. Here are some of these issues:
Top 3 Issues in Samsung Galaxy S3:
One of the most complained aspect of Samsung Galaxy S3 is the smartphone's battery. Some users were complaining that the smartphone is using up excessive amounts of battery when it is in "standby mode". This issue has already been addressed and it was revealed that it is more of an indicator problem because the drain value in framework-res.apk file is wrongly set at 34mA instead of 3.4mA. This error means a big miscalculation showing that there is 50-70% discrepancy in battery consumption. As mentioned, this problem has already been addressed and users could just update the "power_profile.xml" file in framework-res package.
There are also other Galaxy S3 users who complain about the smartphone not charging when it is plugged into a socket. One complaint narrates the problem saying, "I tried a different charger, same thing but then suddenly a couple of hours later it decided it would work and is now charging fine I've switched it off again to give it a steady full charge but not looking forward to testing it when out and about in case I get the same issue."
Another problem reported regarding Samsung Galaxy S3 is overheating. One Galaxy S3 user remarked that his S3 exploded and even showed images wherein the lower part of the Samsung Galaxy S3 was burnt. Other complains about overheating states that this causes the smartphone to freeze or to completely shut off. Samsung has already looked into the matter and they already released a statement addressing this issue:
"There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously."
The next problem identified by Samsung Galaxy S3 users is the smartphone's Wi-Fi connection. Most users are complaining that they cannot connect to any type of Wi-Fi networks either at home or work. There are also other users that can connect but would only last for a short period of time. There are others who speculate that the Wi-Fi problem is in the handset rather than connection issues. Samsung has not yet addressed this Wi-Fi issue in Samsung Galaxy S3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles