Samsung Galaxy S3 Receives RAM Upgrade: A Possible Update for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?
By Mary Elaine Ramos | June 29, 2012 6:50 PM EST
The Verge disclosed that a "trusted source" revealed that Samsung has made some late adjustments to the specifications of Samsung Galaxy S3. The source revealed that Samsung Galaxy S3 was made to be "future-proof" which means that any additional changes and improvements would be easier to do with Samsung Galaxy S3. It was also disclosed that Samsung engineers were not that "100 percent sure" about the hardware requirements of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and they decided to upgrade the internal RAM to 2GB in order to play safe. The Verge added that "Our source isn't aware of Samsung's specific plans for upgrading any version of the Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean yet, but by all appearances, the hardware is more than ready to accept it (let's not forget that the nearly two-year-old Nexus S is already signed up for an update)."
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was first revealed during the Google I/O 2012 in San Francisco. It will be officially released in the market through the newest tablet from Google called Google Nexus 7 tablet. Updates for Nexus S and XOOM would also come after. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean would supposedly bring about new and improved features for Android-based devices such as improved user interface (search bar, background image, and clock feature), Siri-type of feature, and a possibility for dual boot of Windows and Android OS.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the latest smartphone from Samsung. It is a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S3 also has an 8MP rear-facing camera, 2,100mAh removable battery, and 16GB/32GB internal storage with option for microSD. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and could possibly be upgraded with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family