Samsung Galaxy S3 Receives RAM Upgrade: A Possible Update for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?
By Mary Elaine Ramos | June 29, 2012 6:50 PM EST
The Verge disclosed that a "trusted source" revealed that Samsung has made some late adjustments to the specifications of Samsung Galaxy S3. The source revealed that Samsung Galaxy S3 was made to be "future-proof" which means that any additional changes and improvements would be easier to do with Samsung Galaxy S3. It was also disclosed that Samsung engineers were not that "100 percent sure" about the hardware requirements of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and they decided to upgrade the internal RAM to 2GB in order to play safe. The Verge added that "Our source isn't aware of Samsung's specific plans for upgrading any version of the Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean yet, but by all appearances, the hardware is more than ready to accept it (let's not forget that the nearly two-year-old Nexus S is already signed up for an update)."
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was first revealed during the Google I/O 2012 in San Francisco. It will be officially released in the market through the newest tablet from Google called Google Nexus 7 tablet. Updates for Nexus S and XOOM would also come after. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean would supposedly bring about new and improved features for Android-based devices such as improved user interface (search bar, background image, and clock feature), Siri-type of feature, and a possibility for dual boot of Windows and Android OS.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the latest smartphone from Samsung. It is a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S3 also has an 8MP rear-facing camera, 2,100mAh removable battery, and 16GB/32GB internal storage with option for microSD. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and could possibly be upgraded with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date