Samsung Galaxy S3 Receives RAM Upgrade: A Possible Update for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?
By Mary Elaine Ramos | June 29, 2012 6:50 PM EST
The Verge disclosed that a "trusted source" revealed that Samsung has made some late adjustments to the specifications of Samsung Galaxy S3. The source revealed that Samsung Galaxy S3 was made to be "future-proof" which means that any additional changes and improvements would be easier to do with Samsung Galaxy S3. It was also disclosed that Samsung engineers were not that "100 percent sure" about the hardware requirements of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and they decided to upgrade the internal RAM to 2GB in order to play safe. The Verge added that "Our source isn't aware of Samsung's specific plans for upgrading any version of the Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean yet, but by all appearances, the hardware is more than ready to accept it (let's not forget that the nearly two-year-old Nexus S is already signed up for an update)."
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was first revealed during the Google I/O 2012 in San Francisco. It will be officially released in the market through the newest tablet from Google called Google Nexus 7 tablet. Updates for Nexus S and XOOM would also come after. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean would supposedly bring about new and improved features for Android-based devices such as improved user interface (search bar, background image, and clock feature), Siri-type of feature, and a possibility for dual boot of Windows and Android OS.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the latest smartphone from Samsung. It is a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S3 also has an 8MP rear-facing camera, 2,100mAh removable battery, and 16GB/32GB internal storage with option for microSD. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and could possibly be upgraded with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories