Samsung Galaxy S3 Receives RAM Upgrade: A Possible Update for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?
By Mary Elaine Ramos | June 29, 2012 6:50 PM EST
The Verge disclosed that a "trusted source" revealed that Samsung has made some late adjustments to the specifications of Samsung Galaxy S3. The source revealed that Samsung Galaxy S3 was made to be "future-proof" which means that any additional changes and improvements would be easier to do with Samsung Galaxy S3. It was also disclosed that Samsung engineers were not that "100 percent sure" about the hardware requirements of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and they decided to upgrade the internal RAM to 2GB in order to play safe. The Verge added that "Our source isn't aware of Samsung's specific plans for upgrading any version of the Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean yet, but by all appearances, the hardware is more than ready to accept it (let's not forget that the nearly two-year-old Nexus S is already signed up for an update)."
The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was first revealed during the Google I/O 2012 in San Francisco. It will be officially released in the market through the newest tablet from Google called Google Nexus 7 tablet. Updates for Nexus S and XOOM would also come after. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean would supposedly bring about new and improved features for Android-based devices such as improved user interface (search bar, background image, and clock feature), Siri-type of feature, and a possibility for dual boot of Windows and Android OS.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the latest smartphone from Samsung. It is a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB of internal RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S3 also has an 8MP rear-facing camera, 2,100mAh removable battery, and 16GB/32GB internal storage with option for microSD. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and could possibly be upgraded with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports