‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters’: The Next Hunger Games?
By Diadem Pambid | June 28, 2012 7:46 PM EST
As "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" enters pre-production, Percy Jackson and his cast of gods and goddesses have started filming and is set to release at an earlier date than the futuristic dystopian-themed movie.
The sequel to 2010's "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," will once again cast Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase, Brandon T. Jackson as the satyr Grover Underwood, and Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson.
Logan Lerman is the star of another book to movie adaptation of the critically acclaimed "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Charles Chbosky, wherein he costars with Emma Watson of "Harry Potter" fame.
Although "The Hunger Games" grossed triple in the opening weekend alone of what "Percy Jackson" grossed worldwide, it can still be anybody's game, given the names attached to the sequel.
Thor Fredenthal is helming the sequel, whose previous works includes "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Chris Columbus, the director for the first "Percy Jackson" movie is set to produce. However, Christopher Columbus is not the only name Percy Jackson fans should watch out for.
"Nathan Fillion will play Hermes, father to antagonist Luke (Jake Abel)," reports JoBlo about the recently revealed cast member. Fillion is best known for his role opposite Stana Katic in "Castle" and the short-lived sci-fi series "Firefly."
Sean Bean is also slated to play Zeus in the movie, while Stanley Tucci plays Dionysius. Sean Bean played the morally upright Ned Stark in the first season of the medieval fantasy hit "Game of Thrones" while Stanley Tucci played the loudmouth master of ceremonies Caesar Flickerman in "The Hunger Games."
Other actors include Missi Pyle from "The Artist," Mary Birdsong from "The Descendants" and Yvette Nicole Brown of "Community" fame.
On the other hand, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" has all the lead actors reprising their roles including Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawethorne, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, while Jena Malone from Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch" is rumored to join in as Johanna Mason.
Nobody is certain if Percy Jackson can topple Katniss Everdeen, but one this is for certain: this will be a blockbuster bout that's worth the wait.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying