‘Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters’: The Next Hunger Games?
By Diadem Pambid | June 28, 2012 7:46 PM EST
As "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" enters pre-production, Percy Jackson and his cast of gods and goddesses have started filming and is set to release at an earlier date than the futuristic dystopian-themed movie.
The sequel to 2010's "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," will once again cast Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase, Brandon T. Jackson as the satyr Grover Underwood, and Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson.
Logan Lerman is the star of another book to movie adaptation of the critically acclaimed "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Charles Chbosky, wherein he costars with Emma Watson of "Harry Potter" fame.
Although "The Hunger Games" grossed triple in the opening weekend alone of what "Percy Jackson" grossed worldwide, it can still be anybody's game, given the names attached to the sequel.
Thor Fredenthal is helming the sequel, whose previous works includes "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Chris Columbus, the director for the first "Percy Jackson" movie is set to produce. However, Christopher Columbus is not the only name Percy Jackson fans should watch out for.
"Nathan Fillion will play Hermes, father to antagonist Luke (Jake Abel)," reports JoBlo about the recently revealed cast member. Fillion is best known for his role opposite Stana Katic in "Castle" and the short-lived sci-fi series "Firefly."
Sean Bean is also slated to play Zeus in the movie, while Stanley Tucci plays Dionysius. Sean Bean played the morally upright Ned Stark in the first season of the medieval fantasy hit "Game of Thrones" while Stanley Tucci played the loudmouth master of ceremonies Caesar Flickerman in "The Hunger Games."
Other actors include Missi Pyle from "The Artist," Mary Birdsong from "The Descendants" and Yvette Nicole Brown of "Community" fame.
On the other hand, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" has all the lead actors reprising their roles including Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawethorne, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, while Jena Malone from Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch" is rumored to join in as Johanna Mason.
Nobody is certain if Percy Jackson can topple Katniss Everdeen, but one this is for certain: this will be a blockbuster bout that's worth the wait.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’