Numerous rumors about the upcoming iPhone 5 emerged the past few months as many people waiting for its release.
iPhone 5 is regarded as the 2012 flagship phone of Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL). However, the company is mum about the real specs and features of the handset. Here are the latest rumors surrounding the highly anticipated iPhone 5.
- NFC - Rumors suggest that Apple will be equipped with Near Field Communications, which allows devices to communicate or contact another device in close proximity. It almost works like Bluetooth. Moreover, NCF is the entry point for making mobile payments.
- Mobile Payments - An evidence of the possible development of mobile payment system is the new iOS 6 feature, Passbook. With this feature, tickets are now digitized with this new app. This is complete with QRCodes and 2-D barcodes. Gain access to the movies theater and sporting events by simply flashing your iPhone to the ticket counter.
- 4-inch Display - One of the first speculations of the new specs of the new iPhone 5 is it its larger screen. iPhone had the same size of screen display since the beginning. This time, Apple is speculated to be working on a larger screen as many smartphone already released much bigger screens.
- New design - Apple is known to stick on its minimalist, business design. It is speculated that Apple will slightly alter its design by having a tear drop design.
- 4G/LTE - 4G/LTE support is one of the top possible features of the new iPhone. iPad 3 released last year already support 4G connection. It is deemed impossible that the new iPhone will also support it.
- A5X Chip - An upgraded version of the iPhone 4S's A5 Chip - A5X Chip, is rumored to be incorporated in the upcoming iPhone 5.
- iOS 6 - Apple recently launched its upgraded mobile operating system in the WWDC event earlier this month. IOS 6 will definitely be the new OS of iPhone 5.
- DSLR-like rear camera - There was a rumor that iPhone 5 will sport a DSLR-like camera with changeable lens. This is strengthened by the patent recently filed by Apple.
- HD Front camera - The iPhone 5 is rumored to have an HD front camera that will enable the device to capture HD images.
- Micro-dock connector - Apple iOS devices was known to sport 30-pin dock connector. However, the new iPhone 5 is speculated to be equipped with smaller 19-pin dock connector. This will give more space for other specs to be included in the device.
- China Mobile collaboration - Apple is said to be aiming for a global release with possible collaboration with the largest mobile network in the world.
- Release date - There are speculations that the new iPhone 5 will be released in fall along with new iOS 6.
ALSO READ: iPhone 5 to Roll Out Three Major Features and Global Release: Analyst
To contact the editor, e-mail: