Monsanto, Nike, General Mills: 11 Earnings Reports To Watch, June 25-29
By Moran Zhang | June 23, 2012 8:22 AM EST
Expectations for U.S. company earnings are on a slippery slope down Wall Street as the euro-zone crisis deepens and economic data around the world disappoints.
With one week left in the second quarter, it is a good time to measure revisions in earnings estimates for companies in the S&P 500 for the second quarter.
Since the beginning of the quarter, the earnings per share, or EPS, estimate for the S&P 500 has dropped about 2.5 percent, to $25.37 from $26.02, according to FactSet Research Systems Inc.
And since the start of the quarter, the forecasted earnings growth rate for the index has declined to 3.3 percent from 6.3 percent. Nine of the 10 sectors have recorded decreases in earnings growth rates during this period, led to the downside by the energy and financials sectors. The telecom-services sector is the only sector that has witnessed a slight increase in projected earnings growth, according to FactSet's analysis.
We ran a screen and produced a list of 11 notable companies set to report their earnings June 25-29. We have highlighted their expected reporting dates and times, along with analysts' EPS and revenue estimates from Reuters, as well as the stocks' year-to-date performances.
Accenture PLC (NYSE: ACN) is a management-consulting, technology-services, and outsourcing company. The company has a market cap of $39.81 billion. It is expected to report FY 2012 third-quarter EPS of $1 on revenue of $7.17 billion, compared with a profit of 93 cents a share on revenue of $6.72 billion in the year-ago period. Accenture is trading around $57.56 a share. So far this year, the stock has gained 8.13 percent.
Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) is engaged in the design, development, and marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products. The company has a market cap of $45.56 billion. It is expected to report FY 2012 fourth-quarter EPS of $1.37 on revenue of $6.52 billion, compared with a profit of $1.24 a share on revenue of $5.77 billion in the year-ago period. Nike is trading around $99.40 a share. So far this year, the stock has gained 3.14 percent.
Tibco Software Inc. (Nasdaq: TIBX) is a provider of middleware and infrastructure software. The company has a market cap of $4.40 billion. It is expected to report FY 2012 second-quarter EPS of 23 cents on revenue of $244.71 million, compared with a profit of 21 cents a share on revenue of $216.42 million in the year-ago period. Tibco Software is trading around $26.69 a share. So far this year, the stock has gained 11.63 percent.
Constellation Brands Inc. (NYSE: STZ) is a wine company. The company has a market cap of $3.66 billion. It is expected to report FY 2013 first-quarter EPS of 39 cents on revenue of $645.5 million, compared with a profit of 39 cents a share on revenue of $635 million in the year-ago period. Constellation Brands is trading around $19.37 a share. So far this year, the stock has lost 6.29 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports