Minecraft is one of the most successful games in Xbox 360 and when it was first introduced, not that many people believe that it would be a success especially when the Xbox 360 edition was introduced.
Minecraft was already an established game in its PC version and it was focused on building and crafting. As for the games available in Xbox 360, most of these games had a common theme: destroying something. This theme is far from the foundation of the Minecraft game. Despite that, Minecraft: Xbob 360 Edition was released and it became an instant hit. The game was officially released last May, 2012 and after 24 hours, it was downloaded more than 400,000 times.
The goal of the game is a very simple one: the player must build in order to survive and in order to survive in every level, the player must build more. The player needs to build its shelter before the night comes because there are monsters that are lurking which are ready to attack. The game offers plenty of resources that players could choose from when building their shelter. It may sound simple and boring but playing Minecraft is quite addicting. This is the reason why many people are downloading the game even if the priniciple of the game is building rather than destroying.
4J Studios have also released significant updates that would make playing Minecraft easier to do. Here is the full list of fixes and additions:
- Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
- Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What's New.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Fix for clay generation.
- Fix for 'Awaiting Approval' showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
- Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and dispenser.
- Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
- Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn't.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
To contact the editor, e-mail: