Microsoft and Samsung recently released their new tablets, the Surface and Galaxy Tab 2 that were both speculated as iPad 3 killers.
>Experts said that there is still no chance that Microsoft
Surface and Samsung
Galaxy Tab 2 will be able to overtake iPad
3 from the top spot in the tablet market. Below are the six reasons why Apple will remain as the number one tablet in the market.
- Mass Appeal to Users from Different Market Segments. Microsoft's Surface turned out to have a more appeal to enterprise users or those in the business segment. Nonetheless, Apple's appeal to almost all market segments and has so far surpasses the enterprise users. Apple iPad users now including those in the education segment, family members, and others even for gaminghe performing arts.
- Affordable Price Range. Software giant Microsoft has yet to release the exact price. However, it is speculated that the device will be too pricey because of the screen and other specs.
- Has yet to Find a Tablet Competitor to Edge it Out. Apple has yet to find the tough competitor that will edge it in terms of specs and other user-friendly add-ons. Consumers are hoping that the Microsoft Surface could be the competitior, but it offers roughly the same as the other tablets. The Windows-based solutions may set the Surface apart but other than that it has yet to offer something way bigger than that.
- Apple is Way Ahead in the Market. Apple managed to develop a strong hold on its market in different countries which is its advantage over rival companies. Samsung is fast catching up but users are yet to be convinced if it will be opting to buy the Surface these days in exchange for a good summer getaway. Apple also has marketed the iPad attracting consumers who want to trade in their old devices to avail of discounts in purchasing their new device. Apple topped the tablet market for the longest time with this marketing strategy.
- It is All About Reliability and Durability. Let's face it, the legacy left by Steve Jobs on Apple products is that the products are close to perfection from the start-up of the device to the very remarkable anti-wear and tear of the product. Apple puts a lot of effort from the conceptualization of the new features to the specs that will be included. Thus, iPad and other iOS devices seldom fail its users.
- Uniform Operating System in Its Various Devices - Windows is one of the mobile OS of various mobile manufacturers. However, the devices were not connected and it does not have many hardware devices. Meanwhile, Samsung has a line of devices but does not have its own mobile operating system. Apple, on the other hand, has its own operating system that they update everytime they release a device. Moreover, they can develop features that aligned with the mobile operating system because they are in total control with every aspect of the device - inside and out.
To contact the editor, e-mail: