Grey's Anatomy: 'Mark Sloan' Not Shocked by Little Grey's Death, What's Going to Happen?
By Arlene Paredes | June 18, 2012 4:49 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy's Mark Sloan has spoken about Lexie Grey's death.
"I wasn't shocked," actor Eric Dane said about Chyler Leigh's exit in the heartbreaking Season 8 finale of Grey's Anatomy.
"I knew that Chyler wanted to spend some more time with her family," Dane told E! Online.
"Earlier this year, I made the decision that season eight would be my last on Grey's Anatomy," Leigh said in a statement last month. She did not specify any reason for her decision.
"It's a tough schedule to keep up and she's been working on the show for five seasons. So I wasn't shocked. A little surprised but not shocked. We're going to miss her," Dane said further.
What is going to happen to Mark Sloan without his "soulmate" in Season 9?
Dane did not dish out any spoiler, but fans have been writing and rewriting Grey's Anatomy Season 9 with Sloan considerations in their minds.
Option 1: Sloan dies. While the original cast has already signed for two more years, Rhimes had said in previous interviews that there may be another death at the beginning of the ninth season in September. There are fans who would rather see Sloan's dramatic death than his depression over Little Lexie's passing.
Option 2: Sloan moves on and grows old gracefully. Of all the characters in the series, Sloan has been the sail-easy kind of man. He slept with his best friend's wife and fathered a close friend's son in a one-night stand. When he named himself Chief in the absence of Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd), nobody was convinced he could pull it off. But he certainly rose to the occasion to everyone's surprise.
He could overcome the pain of Lexie's death by being a better man. He may start living his life anew as a tribute to someone who truly loved him in spite of his dark side. This means he will break-up with his current girlfriend because it would be unfair for her to watch her grieve for Lexie. Someday, he could fall in love again.
Option 3: Sloan gets mad at himself and finds reason to blame Lexie's death on people. Then he gets depressed and decides to quit. Friends would rally behind him until he gets back to his senses. Then he would transition to Option 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop