Grey's Anatomy: 'Mark Sloan' Not Shocked by Little Grey's Death, What's Going to Happen?
By Arlene Paredes | June 18, 2012 4:49 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy's Mark Sloan has spoken about Lexie Grey's death.
"I wasn't shocked," actor Eric Dane said about Chyler Leigh's exit in the heartbreaking Season 8 finale of Grey's Anatomy.
"I knew that Chyler wanted to spend some more time with her family," Dane told E! Online.
"Earlier this year, I made the decision that season eight would be my last on Grey's Anatomy," Leigh said in a statement last month. She did not specify any reason for her decision.
"It's a tough schedule to keep up and she's been working on the show for five seasons. So I wasn't shocked. A little surprised but not shocked. We're going to miss her," Dane said further.
What is going to happen to Mark Sloan without his "soulmate" in Season 9?
Dane did not dish out any spoiler, but fans have been writing and rewriting Grey's Anatomy Season 9 with Sloan considerations in their minds.
Option 1: Sloan dies. While the original cast has already signed for two more years, Rhimes had said in previous interviews that there may be another death at the beginning of the ninth season in September. There are fans who would rather see Sloan's dramatic death than his depression over Little Lexie's passing.
Option 2: Sloan moves on and grows old gracefully. Of all the characters in the series, Sloan has been the sail-easy kind of man. He slept with his best friend's wife and fathered a close friend's son in a one-night stand. When he named himself Chief in the absence of Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd), nobody was convinced he could pull it off. But he certainly rose to the occasion to everyone's surprise.
He could overcome the pain of Lexie's death by being a better man. He may start living his life anew as a tribute to someone who truly loved him in spite of his dark side. This means he will break-up with his current girlfriend because it would be unfair for her to watch her grieve for Lexie. Someday, he could fall in love again.
Option 3: Sloan gets mad at himself and finds reason to blame Lexie's death on people. Then he gets depressed and decides to quit. Friends would rally behind him until he gets back to his senses. Then he would transition to Option 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories