Justin Bieber Almost Quit Music Career after Paternity Scandal
By Diadem Pambid | June 18, 2012 2:20 PM EST
"Beliebers" would have nothing to root for if Justin Bieber decided to pack up and leave during the baby-daddy drama that plagued his life last year.
Justin Bieber admitted in an interview with a UK Magazine, Fabulous, that quitting looked like the better way out. Well, it was a good thing the Bieber had Usher around to put him back on track.
Mariah Yeater ultimately wrecked Justin Bieber's life late last year with the announcement that the then17-year old was fathering her child. Fans of the Bieber rose to the defense at once that even "Bieber-haters" turned "Beliebers". While Mariah kept demanding for a DNA test, Justin was avoiding the media at all costs. At these times, Justin had thought of quitting music to resume the life of an ordinary 17-year old kid.
"At the beginning of it all I was in Florida, away from my friends and family and I was pretty sad," he admitted.
"I got to the point where I thought, 'I don't want to do this. I just want to be normal.' It was difficult because I'd never gone through anything like that," explained Justin in an interview with Fabulous, quotes courtesy of NME.
However, thanks to Bieber's mentor, Usher, Justin's ship did not go down that easily. Usher had toughened Justin up and now the Bieber feels nothing but sympathy for Yeater.
"I feel sorry for her more than anything," said Justin, adding, "Everything that hurts you makes you stronger in the end. You've got to learn from the bad things that happen."
"Belieber" fans do have a lot to be thankful for thanks to Mariah Yeater and her baby-drama scandal. Why? Mariah inspired Justin Bieber to pen a song perfect for her with the lines close to Michael Jackson's hit, "Billie Jean".
Despite the paparazzi scuffle the Bieber got in with last month, the 18-year old is proving he's making mature decisions with his life starting off with not quitting music because of a petty paternity scandal. Besides, Justin has hoards of fans behind him all the way, a big brother in the form of Usher and a supportive, lovely girlfriend in Selena Gomez. What more can the kid ask for?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon