Justin Bieber Almost Quit Music Career after Paternity Scandal
By Diadem Pambid | June 18, 2012 2:20 PM EST
"Beliebers" would have nothing to root for if Justin Bieber decided to pack up and leave during the baby-daddy drama that plagued his life last year.
Justin Bieber admitted in an interview with a UK Magazine, Fabulous, that quitting looked like the better way out. Well, it was a good thing the Bieber had Usher around to put him back on track.
Mariah Yeater ultimately wrecked Justin Bieber's life late last year with the announcement that the then17-year old was fathering her child. Fans of the Bieber rose to the defense at once that even "Bieber-haters" turned "Beliebers". While Mariah kept demanding for a DNA test, Justin was avoiding the media at all costs. At these times, Justin had thought of quitting music to resume the life of an ordinary 17-year old kid.
"At the beginning of it all I was in Florida, away from my friends and family and I was pretty sad," he admitted.
"I got to the point where I thought, 'I don't want to do this. I just want to be normal.' It was difficult because I'd never gone through anything like that," explained Justin in an interview with Fabulous, quotes courtesy of NME.
However, thanks to Bieber's mentor, Usher, Justin's ship did not go down that easily. Usher had toughened Justin up and now the Bieber feels nothing but sympathy for Yeater.
"I feel sorry for her more than anything," said Justin, adding, "Everything that hurts you makes you stronger in the end. You've got to learn from the bad things that happen."
"Belieber" fans do have a lot to be thankful for thanks to Mariah Yeater and her baby-drama scandal. Why? Mariah inspired Justin Bieber to pen a song perfect for her with the lines close to Michael Jackson's hit, "Billie Jean".
Despite the paparazzi scuffle the Bieber got in with last month, the 18-year old is proving he's making mature decisions with his life starting off with not quitting music because of a petty paternity scandal. Besides, Justin has hoards of fans behind him all the way, a big brother in the form of Usher and a supportive, lovely girlfriend in Selena Gomez. What more can the kid ask for?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments