Justin Bieber Almost Quit Music Career after Paternity Scandal
By Diadem Pambid | June 18, 2012 2:20 PM EST
"Beliebers" would have nothing to root for if Justin Bieber decided to pack up and leave during the baby-daddy drama that plagued his life last year.
Justin Bieber admitted in an interview with a UK Magazine, Fabulous, that quitting looked like the better way out. Well, it was a good thing the Bieber had Usher around to put him back on track.
Mariah Yeater ultimately wrecked Justin Bieber's life late last year with the announcement that the then17-year old was fathering her child. Fans of the Bieber rose to the defense at once that even "Bieber-haters" turned "Beliebers". While Mariah kept demanding for a DNA test, Justin was avoiding the media at all costs. At these times, Justin had thought of quitting music to resume the life of an ordinary 17-year old kid.
"At the beginning of it all I was in Florida, away from my friends and family and I was pretty sad," he admitted.
"I got to the point where I thought, 'I don't want to do this. I just want to be normal.' It was difficult because I'd never gone through anything like that," explained Justin in an interview with Fabulous, quotes courtesy of NME.
However, thanks to Bieber's mentor, Usher, Justin's ship did not go down that easily. Usher had toughened Justin up and now the Bieber feels nothing but sympathy for Yeater.
"I feel sorry for her more than anything," said Justin, adding, "Everything that hurts you makes you stronger in the end. You've got to learn from the bad things that happen."
"Belieber" fans do have a lot to be thankful for thanks to Mariah Yeater and her baby-drama scandal. Why? Mariah inspired Justin Bieber to pen a song perfect for her with the lines close to Michael Jackson's hit, "Billie Jean".
Despite the paparazzi scuffle the Bieber got in with last month, the 18-year old is proving he's making mature decisions with his life starting off with not quitting music because of a petty paternity scandal. Besides, Justin has hoards of fans behind him all the way, a big brother in the form of Usher and a supportive, lovely girlfriend in Selena Gomez. What more can the kid ask for?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery