Jelena Miksa and Football Fan Eamon Keegan Interviews after the Euro 2012 Nip Show (PHOTOS)
By Arlene Paredes | June 15, 2012 5:13 PM EST
Jelena Miksa, the woman who became an internet sensation after football fan Eamon Keegan is seen licking her nip in a racy photo, has reportedly been fired from her job.
Jelena and Viktorija had travelled from Krapina to support Croatia, which subsequently won 3-1.
The Miksa ladies lifted off their shirts and did more than just flash the football fans after Keegan's group prodded them for fun on Sunday. The NSFW image has quickly been circulated in social networks Facebook and Twitter, as well as several news outlets.
Keegan, a 20-year-old Kildare student, said his mother was "mortified," when his photo with the Miksa girls spread online.
Keegan says the girls were up for it
"Before the game, we were all in Poznan square when two Croat girls walked by us... we all start chanting 'get your t**s out for the lads!' They just seemed to be up for the craic I think," he told Tom Dunne on Newstalk on Thursday morning.
Keegan said he could not believe how the photo became sensational online.
"Me and the lads can't get our heads around the whole thing. It is a funny picture but I don't know how it blew up so much back home. One of my friends rang me the night after the game, laughing, and told me there was picture of me trending on Twitter."
His mother had seen the photo. Asked for her reaction, Keegan said:
"I've spoken to her since. She said she's mortified and that it was disgraceful but is seeing the funny side of it now."
Keegan reacts to Miksa's trouble at work
Asked to react on news that one of the girls in the controversial photos got in trouble at work, Keegan replied with a joke:
"I'd say her mother is a lot more ashamed of her."
Reports are scarce on Miksa's mom's reaction, but her workplace definitely was not pleased.
"We have to react as a public sector employee should behave in line with the code," ministry spokeswoman Natasa Petrinjak told AFP early in the week.
For her part, Jelena was quoted as saying:
"I don't regret anything ... For me the only important thing is how my squad played. Let's go on to win."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools