Jelena Miksa and Football Fan Eamon Keegan Interviews after the Euro 2012 Nip Show (PHOTOS)
By Arlene Paredes | June 15, 2012 5:13 PM EST
Jelena Miksa, the woman who became an internet sensation after football fan Eamon Keegan is seen licking her nip in a racy photo, has reportedly been fired from her job.
Jelena and Viktorija had travelled from Krapina to support Croatia, which subsequently won 3-1.
The Miksa ladies lifted off their shirts and did more than just flash the football fans after Keegan's group prodded them for fun on Sunday. The NSFW image has quickly been circulated in social networks Facebook and Twitter, as well as several news outlets.
Keegan, a 20-year-old Kildare student, said his mother was "mortified," when his photo with the Miksa girls spread online.
Keegan says the girls were up for it
"Before the game, we were all in Poznan square when two Croat girls walked by us... we all start chanting 'get your t**s out for the lads!' They just seemed to be up for the craic I think," he told Tom Dunne on Newstalk on Thursday morning.
Keegan said he could not believe how the photo became sensational online.
"Me and the lads can't get our heads around the whole thing. It is a funny picture but I don't know how it blew up so much back home. One of my friends rang me the night after the game, laughing, and told me there was picture of me trending on Twitter."
His mother had seen the photo. Asked for her reaction, Keegan said:
"I've spoken to her since. She said she's mortified and that it was disgraceful but is seeing the funny side of it now."
Keegan reacts to Miksa's trouble at work
Asked to react on news that one of the girls in the controversial photos got in trouble at work, Keegan replied with a joke:
"I'd say her mother is a lot more ashamed of her."
Reports are scarce on Miksa's mom's reaction, but her workplace definitely was not pleased.
"We have to react as a public sector employee should behave in line with the code," ministry spokeswoman Natasa Petrinjak told AFP early in the week.
For her part, Jelena was quoted as saying:
"I don't regret anything ... For me the only important thing is how my squad played. Let's go on to win."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation