Jelena Miksa and Football Fan Eamon Keegan Interviews after the Euro 2012 Nip Show (PHOTOS)
By Arlene Paredes | June 15, 2012 5:13 PM EST
Jelena Miksa, the woman who became an internet sensation after football fan Eamon Keegan is seen licking her nip in a racy photo, has reportedly been fired from her job.
Jelena and Viktorija had travelled from Krapina to support Croatia, which subsequently won 3-1.
The Miksa ladies lifted off their shirts and did more than just flash the football fans after Keegan's group prodded them for fun on Sunday. The NSFW image has quickly been circulated in social networks Facebook and Twitter, as well as several news outlets.
Keegan, a 20-year-old Kildare student, said his mother was "mortified," when his photo with the Miksa girls spread online.
Keegan says the girls were up for it
"Before the game, we were all in Poznan square when two Croat girls walked by us... we all start chanting 'get your t**s out for the lads!' They just seemed to be up for the craic I think," he told Tom Dunne on Newstalk on Thursday morning.
Keegan said he could not believe how the photo became sensational online.
"Me and the lads can't get our heads around the whole thing. It is a funny picture but I don't know how it blew up so much back home. One of my friends rang me the night after the game, laughing, and told me there was picture of me trending on Twitter."
His mother had seen the photo. Asked for her reaction, Keegan said:
"I've spoken to her since. She said she's mortified and that it was disgraceful but is seeing the funny side of it now."
Keegan reacts to Miksa's trouble at work
Asked to react on news that one of the girls in the controversial photos got in trouble at work, Keegan replied with a joke:
"I'd say her mother is a lot more ashamed of her."
Reports are scarce on Miksa's mom's reaction, but her workplace definitely was not pleased.
"We have to react as a public sector employee should behave in line with the code," ministry spokeswoman Natasa Petrinjak told AFP early in the week.
For her part, Jelena was quoted as saying:
"I don't regret anything ... For me the only important thing is how my squad played. Let's go on to win."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation