Ram Charan Teja Marries Upasana Kamineni: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan Attend the Wedding [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
By Ankita Mehta | June 14, 2012 7:06 PM EST
Southern superstar Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja tied the knot with his childhood sweetheart Upasana Kamineni in Hyderabad on Thursday morning.
The wedding took place at around 7.30 am Thursday morning at the farm house Temple Tress of Kamineni's family near Himayath Sagar in Hyderabad. The couple exchanged the wedding vows as per the traditional Hindu customs in the presence of their families and relatives.
The couple got married at a special mandap, designed by art director Anand Sai, which resembled the ancestral home of the Kamineni family, the Domakonda fort.
The couple wore traditional dresses that were designed by Tarun Tahiliani for the special ceremony. Teja wore a traditional dhoti, paired with a fine off-white colour chikan kurta and a stole, and Kamineni looked beautiful in a covered yellow and gold silk sari which was complimented by a pink zardosi blouse.
The biggest wedding in the history of South India was attended by high profile celebrities including Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, South Indian actors Mohan Babu, Venkatesh, Suhasini Mani Ratnam, Junior NTR, Rana Daggubati, Pawan Kalyan and Sneha Reddy, among others. More than 4000 people attended the big fat wedding.
Apart from film industry superstars, big personalities like Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu and Tamil Nadu's Governor Konijeti Rosaiah graced the wedding.
"Congratulations to my favourite Chiranjeevi sir!! Naach gaana full on in Hydrabad!!! Here's wishing a very happy married life to my Zanjeer co actor Ram Charan and his beautiful better half Upasana!wish I cud have been there!" she tweeted.
The couple's wedding reception will take place Thursday evening hosted by Chiranjeevi at the Hyderabad International Convention Center, and around 7000 people have been invited for the reception.
The couple will again wed on Friday for a special function held exclusively for their fans.
Watch the video here:
Check the photos here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage