Ram Charan Teja Marries Upasana Kamineni: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan Attend the Wedding [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
By Ankita Mehta | June 14, 2012 7:06 PM EST
Southern superstar Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja tied the knot with his childhood sweetheart Upasana Kamineni in Hyderabad on Thursday morning.
The wedding took place at around 7.30 am Thursday morning at the farm house Temple Tress of Kamineni's family near Himayath Sagar in Hyderabad. The couple exchanged the wedding vows as per the traditional Hindu customs in the presence of their families and relatives.
The couple got married at a special mandap, designed by art director Anand Sai, which resembled the ancestral home of the Kamineni family, the Domakonda fort.
The couple wore traditional dresses that were designed by Tarun Tahiliani for the special ceremony. Teja wore a traditional dhoti, paired with a fine off-white colour chikan kurta and a stole, and Kamineni looked beautiful in a covered yellow and gold silk sari which was complimented by a pink zardosi blouse.
The biggest wedding in the history of South India was attended by high profile celebrities including Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, South Indian actors Mohan Babu, Venkatesh, Suhasini Mani Ratnam, Junior NTR, Rana Daggubati, Pawan Kalyan and Sneha Reddy, among others. More than 4000 people attended the big fat wedding.
Apart from film industry superstars, big personalities like Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu and Tamil Nadu's Governor Konijeti Rosaiah graced the wedding.
"Congratulations to my favourite Chiranjeevi sir!! Naach gaana full on in Hydrabad!!! Here's wishing a very happy married life to my Zanjeer co actor Ram Charan and his beautiful better half Upasana!wish I cud have been there!" she tweeted.
The couple's wedding reception will take place Thursday evening hosted by Chiranjeevi at the Hyderabad International Convention Center, and around 7000 people have been invited for the reception.
The couple will again wed on Friday for a special function held exclusively for their fans.
Watch the video here:
Check the photos here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown