Ram Charan Teja Marries Upasana Kamineni: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan Attend the Wedding [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
By Ankita Mehta | June 14, 2012 7:06 PM EST
Southern superstar Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja tied the knot with his childhood sweetheart Upasana Kamineni in Hyderabad on Thursday morning.
The wedding took place at around 7.30 am Thursday morning at the farm house Temple Tress of Kamineni's family near Himayath Sagar in Hyderabad. The couple exchanged the wedding vows as per the traditional Hindu customs in the presence of their families and relatives.
The couple got married at a special mandap, designed by art director Anand Sai, which resembled the ancestral home of the Kamineni family, the Domakonda fort.
The couple wore traditional dresses that were designed by Tarun Tahiliani for the special ceremony. Teja wore a traditional dhoti, paired with a fine off-white colour chikan kurta and a stole, and Kamineni looked beautiful in a covered yellow and gold silk sari which was complimented by a pink zardosi blouse.
The biggest wedding in the history of South India was attended by high profile celebrities including Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, South Indian actors Mohan Babu, Venkatesh, Suhasini Mani Ratnam, Junior NTR, Rana Daggubati, Pawan Kalyan and Sneha Reddy, among others. More than 4000 people attended the big fat wedding.
Apart from film industry superstars, big personalities like Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu and Tamil Nadu's Governor Konijeti Rosaiah graced the wedding.
"Congratulations to my favourite Chiranjeevi sir!! Naach gaana full on in Hydrabad!!! Here's wishing a very happy married life to my Zanjeer co actor Ram Charan and his beautiful better half Upasana!wish I cud have been there!" she tweeted.
The couple's wedding reception will take place Thursday evening hosted by Chiranjeevi at the Hyderabad International Convention Center, and around 7000 people have been invited for the reception.
The couple will again wed on Friday for a special function held exclusively for their fans.
Watch the video here:
Check the photos here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight