Call Center Employee Gang-Raped, Lured By Fake Job Prospects
By ambrosia sabrina | June 14, 2012 3:49 PM EST
Delhi police on Tuesday have charged four men for raping a call centre employee at a factory located in South Delhi district.
Two of the accused, Suraj and Deepu have been arrested, while the other two are absconding. The victim, whose identity is undisclosed, revealed to the police that she was gang raped in an abandoned factory in Badarpur on Sunday.
According to the Times of India, the 24-year old woman came to south Delhi after getting a job at a call centre while husband stayed back in Bawana, a northwest district of the capital.
During her stay there, the victim met Suraj, one of the accused, who convinced her about another job with a good pay packet.
"He apparently flaunted his connections and told her he knew many senior officials in call centres in Mohan Co-operative Industrial Area. He told her that she was getting paid very less and he would help her double her salary. Lured by better career prospects, the woman got trapped," a source in Delhi Police said according to the publication.
The woman was then told that the interview would be conducted in a factory. Around afternoon, Suraj accompanied her to the deserted spot where the other three co-conspirators were waiting. One after the other, the four men raped the woman and shot threats at her if she dared raise a complaint against them.
Soon after, the victim made her way to Bawana and informed her husband about the incident. Too scared to act upon the incident, the couple kept mum until Tuesday, then they filed an FIR with the police who are now on the lookout for two of the accused.
The incident struck several similarities to another rape case which involved a 22-year-old woman who was raped by two men for several days during the time she was held hostage. The victim in this case was also lured by a friend into a fake job offer at Noida. The victim managed to escape from the accused duo and eventually filed a complaint with authorities.
Regarded as India's rape capital, Delhi is deemed an unsafe haven for women, with around 500 rape and molestation cases reported on an annual basis since 2009. According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Delhi city accounts for 23 percent of Rape cases and 16.5 percent of Molestation cases among 35 Indian cities.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage