Meet India’s Oldest Granny: 120-Year-Old Sowmi Akka [VIDEO]
By Ankita Mehta | June 12, 2012 8:22 PM EST
Sowmi Akka, the oldest grandmother in India, told reporters that the only secret of her long and problem free life is her healthy diet.
The 120-year-old Akka hails from Coimbatore city of India's southern Tamil Nadu state. She told reporters that she is having no health problems and it is only because of her healthy diet pattern.
"I eat all healthy food which provides me strength and good health," she said.
She also said that she is independent enough to do all kinds of domestic work like cooking, cleaning and buying vegetables and groceries from the market.
Her granddaughter, Amarawathy, said that Akka is having 250 members in the family. The eldest daughter of Akka is 95 years old and her entire family members participated in a family reunion recently.
"My grandmother's eldest daughter is 95-years-old and there are more than 250 members in her family. She gave birth to 10 children and all the members live happily. We participate in all major family functions and reunions," Amarawathy told ANI news agency.
Watch the video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu