Kamal Haasan's Viswaroopam Revealed: Actor Plays Kathak Dancer and Spy; Watch Rocking Trailer [VIDEO]
By Manoj Kumar | June 9, 2012 7:28 PM EST
Finally the wait is over! The trailer of the much-awaited Tamil movie of the year, 'Viswaroopam' (universal form), was released at the 13th IIFA awards in Singapore on Friday in the presence of big stars from the film industry.
The first teaser of the movie has already raised the toll of expectations for the movie. [Read: Actor Kamal Haasan to Make Hollywood Debut]
The film, co-produced and directed by Dr Kamal Haasan, is being made in different languages including Tamil, Telugu and Hindi as well. The Hindi version of the movie was showcased at IIFA awards, while the Tamil version was unveiled on June 6 at the Vijay Awards function in Tamil Nadu.
"Viswaroopam" is reportedly Kamal's biggest project till date.
Meanwhile, the theatrical trailer of the movie promises the audience to look forward to an action extravaganza, with a different storyline/plot set in USA. The trailer shows the first look of the entire star cast in the movie, including Kamal Haasan's different avatars: one as a Kathak dance master and the other as a spy.
But wait; is Kamal a good spy or a bad one in the movie? The trailer shows, one of the leading female stars in the movie mouthing a famous dialogue from one of Kamal's old movie. "Neenga nallavara kettavara? (Are you a good man or bad?), asks the female star.
This question-type dialogue was featured in legendary director Mani Ratnam's movie "Nayagan," which was released in 1987, and still continues to be fresh in the minds of South Indian cinema fans. Kamal, however, this time around answers this decade-old question saying that he is both the villain and the hero.
Kamal holds several identities in the Indian cinema industry as that of an actor, director, producer, singer choreographer, etc. He is known for his quest to excel in the art of movie making and in the past he has delivered many such unique movies in terms of storyline, direction, acting and music as well.
According to the actor, who is popularly called as 'Universal star,' the storyline of 'Viswaroopam' was on his mind for about 7 years.
Indeed, it is one such movie that is expected to create several records. His fans can expect a lot more from the movie.
The movie is expected to be released on June 29 worldwide. The film besides having Kamal in the lead role has Rahul Bose, Andrea Jeremiah, Pooja Kumar, Jaideep Ahlawat, Samrat Chakrabarti, Zarina Wahab and a guest appearance by Shekhar Kapur.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build