- Bernanke echoed Yellen's concern for growth, unemployment, view on subdued inflation, as well as the need for "maintain a highly accommodative stance of monetary policy"
- However, he did not affirm Quantitative Easing as many have come to expect after recent economic data. But of course, this method of monetary stimulus should remain in the cards until the pace of recovery picks up...
- Instead he the FOMC will continue to "reinvest principal received from its holdings of agency debt and agency mortgage-backed securities (MBS) in agency MBS and to roll over its maturing Treasury holdings at auction."
Official Statement: (html)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Mars Curiosity Rover Photos: UFO Hunter Spots Strange 'Ruins,' 'Missile' [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Miranda Kerr Exposes Breasts to Crew, Wardrobe Malfunction 'Deliberate Accident?' [PHOTOS]
- How Brad Pitt Avoids Sex Even in Film Scenes After Finding Love in Angelina Jolie [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Spotted with Jaden Smith [PHOTOS]