Vitamin C and the big 'C'
By Natural News | June 7, 2012 11:39 AM EST
Vitamin C can curb the growth of cancer cells according to New Zealand scientists, who provided hard evidence to the connection between the vitamin C and killing "the big C" (cancer).
Vitamin C kills cancer because cancer cells do not have the enzyme catalase to break down hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into water and oxygen. Vitamin C tricks cancer cells into thinking it's sugar, so the cancer sucks it up. The result: the tumor is killed from the inside out by the resulting H2O2.
Yet back in the good ole USA, the FDA halted a vitamin C cancer study last year "pending a determination as to the off-label status of intravenous ascorbic acid". But that wasn't enough as they further attempted to ban all production of IV ascorbic acid for the use of cancer treatment. Same story looking back to 1753 when James Lind showed how to prevent and cure scurvy, with citrus fruits containing vitamin C. Unfortunately, 100,000 British Navy sailors died of scurvy until all the old "experts" had died off and were replaced by new-thinkers.
New ideas, even lifesaving ones are typically ignored by the resident experts even after the ideas are proven correct.
What is vitamin C?
Ascorbic Acid, AKA vitamin C, is a water-soluble vitamin known for boosting the immune system. But vitamin C is also an antioxidant that has been linked to younger-looking skin, contributes to the health of teeth & gums, is required for production of collagen and enhances the absorption of iron, B-12, folic acid, B-6 and vitamin E. A mere 100 mg a day of vitamin C given to an infant can even prevent SIDS! (Not one baby in over 20 years, given "Klenner's/Kalokerinos Ascorbate Therapy" is known to have died.)
How much vitamin C do we need?
Man does not make his own vitamin C and the RDA for an adult male is a meager 95 mg of vitamin C a day. That is insanely low when you consider that a 150 pound healthy mammal producing their own vitamin C will make up to 14,000 mg per day.
In a cancer battle the amount of oral vitamin C that is needed can be extreme. When the upper limit is reached it is accompanied by gas, bloating or loose stools. However, when vitamin C is given at a dosage below bowel tolerance, in a few days it can generally be brought up to a higher dose. Using bowel tolerance, start with 1,000 mg of vitamin C taken with each meal. A few days later, add 1,000 mg more to one meal making it 2,000 mg at one meal and 1,000 mg at the others. A few days later add an additional 1,000 mg to yet another meal and so on. Slow down on adding more vitamin C if you have gas, bloating or loose stools.
For high doses of oral supplement of vitamin C avoid the sodium and calcium C forms. Instead, look for ascorbic acid with rose hips or just plain ascorbic acid. Keep in mind that 90% of all the vitamin C now on the market in the USA is manufactured in China using GMO corn. Only buy corn free vitamin C to avoid GMO based vitamin C. For IV treatment you will need to find a naturopathic doctor in a state that allows IV vitamin C to be administered for cancer treatments.
Learn more: Natural News
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- 232 Teeth Extracted from a Teenager: World Record
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown