Indian Girl Gang-Raped and Set Ablaze in Sagar
By Gianluca Mezzofiore | June 6, 2012 10:17 PM EST
Four youths have allegedly gang-raped and later burned a 15-year-old girl in the Indian district of Sagar, according to Bikya Masr website.
The teenager has been taken to the hospital with 95 percent burns and is fighting for her life. Four suspects, including two minors, have been arrested in connection to the rape by Khurai police.
"In her statement, the girl said that she was raped Sunday evening when she had gone to attend nature's call along with two siblings," TS Usrate, a police officer, said.
The girl said that after the rape she got back home and told their parents about the incident.
"Her uncle Pappu went out in search of the boys but could not find them," said Usrate.
Lately, the four suspects burst into the girl's house while she was alone and set her on fire.
The girl's younger sisters, questioned by police, confirmed the girl's statement.
However, the four youths gave another version of the incident.
They told the police that the 15-year-old had a secret affair with one of them, called Mukesh Kurmi.
On Sunday, the two were allegedly having sexual intercourse when her uncle saw them.
"She soon returned her home with sisters," the four suspects told the police.
"Mukesh and the boys claim they did not see her after that evening," a police officer added. "Investigations have just started and we are looking at the incident on the angle of honour killing too."
Last week, a 14-year-old girl allegedly hanged herself after being gang-raped by three unidentified youths in the Moradabad district.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions