Allison Baden-Clay: Top 5 Questions on Murder Case Investigation
By Arlene Paredes | June 1, 2012 3:57 PM EST
Allison Baden-Clay, mother of three young girls from Queensland, was found under the Kholo Creek Bridge at Anstead on April 30. Her body was not identified until the next day, when police officially determined she had been murdered.
Baden-Clay, 43, was reported missing by her husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, on April 20. Police has just received the results of toxicology tests done as part of post-mortem investigation on her remains. However, the results showed no significant information to enable authorities to name suspects or make arrests.
Aussies have been monitoring the progress of investigation into the Baden-Clay case, as sympathies and messages of support poured for the family of the late mother and her three children. (A history of the case is reported here.)
Below are the Top 5 Main Questions on the Baden-Clay murder mystery. It is understood that police authorities have kept some information from the media as part of the process to identify the murder suspect(s).
1. When did Allison disappear? Reports are inconsistent as to when she was last seen. Gerard said she did not come back from her morning walk on April 20, but other reports said she was last seen at her home the previous night. Did Gerard see her before she went out for a walk?
2. Was Allison out for a regular morning walk, or did she storm out of the house after a domestic fight? It has been reported that Allison had found out about Gerard's affair with former staff at the Baden-Clay's real estate franchise. However, other reports the discovery happened a year ago.
3. What clues have the police found in the murder scene? Have they determined whether she was drowned? Was she killed in the creek or was she dumped there? There were reports that police have talked to owners of cars similar to what the Baden-Clays owned. Did it lead them anywhere? Without revealing specific information, police have expressed optimism in solving the case.
''We do have a level of confidence that we will arrest the person responsible for Allison's death,'' Detective-Superintendent Mark Ainsworth told the media.
4. Why can't police use the toxicology test done on Allison's body? According to Dr. Howard S. Robin, a toxicology report "is the result of the lab procedures identifying and quantifying potential toxins" in the subject's body. If no toxins were found in Mrs Baden-Clay's system, what other processes could possibly lead to a breakthrough in solving the murder case?
5. How much time do the investigators need to solve the case? "I've seen cases where forensic testing analysis has taken over a year between when police have sent off evidence to be analysed and when results arrive back," Police Union president Ian Leavers has been quoted as saying.
Allison Baden-Clay was buried on May 11. Her husband did not speak during the funeral, but donations for her three young daughters were requested instead of flowers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation