By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- Jim Rogers: 'If You Are Not Worried About 2013, Please ? Get Worried' http://sns.mx/G4fwy0
- Sign Of The Times: Denmark sells bonds with NEGATIVE yield and... investors LOVE it! http://bit.ly/KN3sm4
- Markets would LOVE to rally, but nothing's being supportive at the moment. Central bankers to the rescue? Seems but a matter of time...
- Finally (!) stockbrokers in Oz are issuing more upgrades than downgrades; ratings up today for Ausenco, Programmed, CSG and Sigma Pharma
- I have figured it out, global equity markets are playing the game "here today, gone the next" - US equities deep in the red, Oz to follow
- UBS strategists: risk looks cheap and defensives look expensive. UBS believes risks are real but they also look priced in by equities
- Retreat From Stock Market Continues http://nyti.ms/K62pnm
- Citi US strategists have reiterated their S&P500 target for year end: 1,425
- Spain's central government+regions need to refinance E117.5bn of debt by end of year, while funding a deficit of E52bn - to keep in mind...
- Slightly negative indication SPI futures likely incorrect as investors' optimism boosted by weekend polls in Greece favouring New Democracy
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek