China Authorities Confirms of New Discovery of Large Iron Ore Body by China Hanking Unit
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | May 31, 2012 3:42 PM EST
Government authorities from China's province of Liaoning have confirmed the discovery of a large iron ore reserve by Fushun Hanking Maogong Mining Co. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Hanking Holdings Limited.
The discovery essentially expands the iron ore resources base China Hanking Holdings Limited in the Maogong Iron Mine by 35.5 million tonnes.
Based on the approved filing certificate issued by the Liaoning Provincial Mineral Resource Assessment Centre, 5.75 million tonnes are classified as probable reserves, 25.35 million tonnes are classified as indicated resources and 4.40 million tonnes as inferred resources.
Following the discovery, China Hanking Holdings Limited is now planning to expand the scale of mining and processing capacities of Maogong Iron Mine, more so that it has completed a feasibility study on a new processing plant that has an expected annual processing capacity of 3 million tonnes. Relevant approvals from government authorities and entities have likewise been obtained for the development of the plant.
This discovery comes on the heels of China delaying or defaulting on iron ore cargoes on waning steel demand.
Government measures to hasten infrastructure projects amid China's slowing economy are expected to increase iron ore demand. However, this might take time to materialise, with actual increased inventories felt most probably from the fourth quarter of 2012 onwards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015