Zombie Apocalypse: Real-life Zombie Attack in Miami Due to "Bath Salts"
By Mary Elaine Ramos | May 31, 2012 3:12 PM EST
A real-life zombie attack recently happened in Miami wherein two naked men were found on a downtown highway ramp in Miami. One man was found chewing off another man's face and refused to stop even when ordered to do so by a police official. The police officer was left with no choice but to shoot the man who was eating the victim's face.
The cannibal attacker was identified as Rudy Eugene, a 31-year old man who was a former North Miami Beach High School football player. People who knew Eugene were surprised by this news report as he seems not to be the type to be a cannibal. Police officers believe that Eugene was under the influence of a drug called as "bath salts".
Bath salts are far from the ones used when taking a bath. This name is just a fake name and its effects are rather more profound. In fact, it is considered as an "emerging and dangerous" product. This type of drug also contains amphetamine-like chemicals such as ethylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), mephedrone, and pyrovalerone. The Drug Enforcement Administration consider this as "designer drug of the phehethylamine class" which belongs to the same category as other dangerous drugs like amphetamines, mescaline, and ephedrine. In the drug market, bath salts are sold as "cocaine substitutes" or "synthetic LSD". Last October 2011, bath salts and other ralted substance were labelled as schedule 1 of the Contolled Substances Act in which they were identified as having no legitimate use or safety in the U.S.
The victim was identified as Ronald Poppo, a 65-year old homeless man. After the attacker was gunned down, Poppo was found to be still breathing and was rushed at the Jackson Memorial Hospital. His wounds are now being treated and he is still in critical condition. As for the damage to his face, the damage caused was quite serious and Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police provided a detailed explanation of the damage. According to him, "he had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4