Zombie Apocalypse: Real-life Zombie Attack in Miami Due to "Bath Salts"
By Mary Elaine Ramos | May 31, 2012 3:12 PM EST
A real-life zombie attack recently happened in Miami wherein two naked men were found on a downtown highway ramp in Miami. One man was found chewing off another man's face and refused to stop even when ordered to do so by a police official. The police officer was left with no choice but to shoot the man who was eating the victim's face.
The cannibal attacker was identified as Rudy Eugene, a 31-year old man who was a former North Miami Beach High School football player. People who knew Eugene were surprised by this news report as he seems not to be the type to be a cannibal. Police officers believe that Eugene was under the influence of a drug called as "bath salts".
Bath salts are far from the ones used when taking a bath. This name is just a fake name and its effects are rather more profound. In fact, it is considered as an "emerging and dangerous" product. This type of drug also contains amphetamine-like chemicals such as ethylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), mephedrone, and pyrovalerone. The Drug Enforcement Administration consider this as "designer drug of the phehethylamine class" which belongs to the same category as other dangerous drugs like amphetamines, mescaline, and ephedrine. In the drug market, bath salts are sold as "cocaine substitutes" or "synthetic LSD". Last October 2011, bath salts and other ralted substance were labelled as schedule 1 of the Contolled Substances Act in which they were identified as having no legitimate use or safety in the U.S.
The victim was identified as Ronald Poppo, a 65-year old homeless man. After the attacker was gunned down, Poppo was found to be still breathing and was rushed at the Jackson Memorial Hospital. His wounds are now being treated and he is still in critical condition. As for the damage to his face, the damage caused was quite serious and Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police provided a detailed explanation of the damage. According to him, "he had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes