Zombie Apocalypse: Real-life Zombie Attack in Miami Due to "Bath Salts"
By Mary Elaine Ramos | May 31, 2012 3:12 PM EST
A real-life zombie attack recently happened in Miami wherein two naked men were found on a downtown highway ramp in Miami. One man was found chewing off another man's face and refused to stop even when ordered to do so by a police official. The police officer was left with no choice but to shoot the man who was eating the victim's face.
The cannibal attacker was identified as Rudy Eugene, a 31-year old man who was a former North Miami Beach High School football player. People who knew Eugene were surprised by this news report as he seems not to be the type to be a cannibal. Police officers believe that Eugene was under the influence of a drug called as "bath salts".
Bath salts are far from the ones used when taking a bath. This name is just a fake name and its effects are rather more profound. In fact, it is considered as an "emerging and dangerous" product. This type of drug also contains amphetamine-like chemicals such as ethylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), mephedrone, and pyrovalerone. The Drug Enforcement Administration consider this as "designer drug of the phehethylamine class" which belongs to the same category as other dangerous drugs like amphetamines, mescaline, and ephedrine. In the drug market, bath salts are sold as "cocaine substitutes" or "synthetic LSD". Last October 2011, bath salts and other ralted substance were labelled as schedule 1 of the Contolled Substances Act in which they were identified as having no legitimate use or safety in the U.S.
The victim was identified as Ronald Poppo, a 65-year old homeless man. After the attacker was gunned down, Poppo was found to be still breathing and was rushed at the Jackson Memorial Hospital. His wounds are now being treated and he is still in critical condition. As for the damage to his face, the damage caused was quite serious and Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police provided a detailed explanation of the damage. According to him, "he had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports