Game of Thrones is only days away from the Season 2 finale, "Valar Morghulis," but fans already want to know which characters will be seen in the third season of HBO's epic swords and royalties series.
Judging from Game of Thrones’ amazing cast, fans can be assured that the television showrunners will match these characters to actors just as brilliant as the ones who have appeared in the past two seasons. Image uploaded to Tumblr by @aryastrk
Those who have read George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire novels already have some idea of how the third season will be played out. But those who are not into books would rather read spoilers and tickle their imagination during the series break.
Benioff generously dished out the names of characters to be anticipated by Game of Thrones fans:
- Mance Rayder: We've heard about him all season. A former member of the Night's Watch who became the "King Beyond the Wall," the leader of the Wildlings.
- Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior. Who will he influence with his confidence and who will fall for his attractive charms?
- Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights. Book fans can't wait to see how these siblings will play out on the small screen.
- Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
- Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark's uncle.
- Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon's wife.
- Shireen: Stannis' daughter.
- Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell's sharp-witted grandmother.
- Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
- Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
- Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
Judging from Game of Thrones' amazing cast, fans can be assured that the television showrunners will match these characters to actors just as brilliant as the ones who have appeared in the past two seasons.
Benioff hinted the appearance of the new characters will be smartly spread in Season 3. He also assured those who have not read the books that they will continue to enjoy the series.
"It's important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now," Benioff said, adding, "We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters," he told EW, adding that "a few others" will be cast on top of the characters mentioned above.
Meanwhile, enjoy this video of Game of Thrones season finale trailer. Fans who have seen "Blackwater" can only hope for the finale to be even better than last week's episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- Mars Curiosity Rover Photos: UFO Hunter Spots Strange 'Ruins,' 'Missile' [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Miranda Kerr Exposes Breasts to Crew, Wardrobe Malfunction 'Deliberate Accident?' [PHOTOS]