iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. HTC One XL: Which is the Best Smartphone?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 30, 2012 2:39 PM EST
Telstra just announced that it is taking pre-orders for the HTC One XL, which is another smartphone that supports 4G/LTE in Australia. This is one of the prime selling points of the handset since the two other companies are not offering devices yet that supports 4G/LTE connection. HTC is slowly making its niche in the Aussie market by incorporating innovative features on its products.
However, Samsung rolled out some amazing features of its new Galaxy S3 that delights many critics and reviewers andt opted to say that it is even better than the latest iPhone 4S. The Cupertino-based company, on the other hand, neither denied nor confirmed the rumors that revolve around its new iPhone. There are proofs that iPhone will be released in October. As usual, Apple is tight-lipped about the release of the device.
Below are some of the notable specifications of the three devices:
The Samsung Galaxy S3 has the largest screen of all with its 4.8 inch screen display. HTC One XL sports a 4.7 inch screen. One of the popular rumors around the new iPhone is its screen size. Many speculated that iPhone 5 will be sporting a larger screen, saying goodbye to its 3.5 inch screen size.
HTC One XL scores a point by offering a 1.5GHz quad-core processor. The Galaxy S3 is not left behind with its 1.4 GHz quad-core processor. One of the rumors around iPhone 5 is that it will be sporting an A5X chip, which gives a notion for a faster processor.
When it comes to storage space, there will be no further questions that Samsung's greatest device up to date nailed it with is 62GB expandable memory. Samsung Galaxy S3 allows its users to add microSD card to further increase the memory of the device. HTC One XL needs to further improve its storage capabilities as it only has 32GB non-expandable memory. There is no firm detail yet about the iPhone 5's memory but last year's iPhone has a 64GB non-expandable memory in boot.
Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One XL tied in the category by using Android's latest Ice Cream Sandwich. iPhone 5 will be using an updated version of the iOS, which is expected to be unveiled in the upcoming WWDC event in June.
The Galaxy S3 and HTC One XL is at par by sporting 8 megapixel camera. There are not much speculations if the Cupertino-based company will be upgrading again its lenses. However, greater resolutions and camera features may be on the way.
One of the downsides of owning a smartphone is its short battery life. It has one of the issues that are constantly addressed by developers. Galaxy S3 promised longer battery life with its 2100 mAh. HTC One XL and iPhone 5 trailed behind with their 1800 mAh and 1432 mAh, respectively
As mentioned earlier, one of the advantages of HTC One XL is its 4G/LTE feature that promised faster connectivity. Unfortunately, Samsung Galaxy S3 does not support this feature. There are speculations that Apple will learn its lesson from the lawsuits on its 4G/LTE feature, especially in Australia. The company could be working on 4G/LTE connection in leading markets like UK and Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery