Corvus Gold Appoints Carl Brechtel as Chief Operating Officer and Retains Quentin Mai for Investor Relations Support
May 30, 2012 5:17 AM EST
Corvus Gold Inc. (“Corvus” or the “Company”) - (TSX: KOR, OTCQX: CORVF) announces the appointment of Carl Brechtel as the Company’s new Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Brechtel has over 35 years of mining industry experience and specializes in the design and development of both open pit and underground projects. Mr. Brechtel’s recent experience includes serving as Manager of Project Development for Corvus and as President and Chief Operating Officer for International Tower Hill Mines Ltd.
Additional experience includes senior management positions with AngloGold Ashanti Limited at various mining projects around the world. Mr. Brechtel’s primary focus will be on the ongoing development of the Company’s potential near-term mining project at its North Bullfrog project in Nevada. In addition, he will oversee the Company’s interests on the Terra project in Alaska where t he operating JV partner has advised it intends to begin pilot scale milling operations and potentially gold production this summer as well as initial underground development of the deposit.
Due to the recent developments at the Company’s North Bullfrog project and increase in investor activity, the Company has retained Quatloo Investment Management Inc. to provide additional investor relations support to the Company. Quatloo’s principal is Mr. Quentin Mai, who has over 16 years of investor relations experience including playing key roles with groups such as First Quantum Minerals Ltd., Cardero Resource Corp. and International Tower Hill Mines Ltd. His extensive experience with capital markets and major resource investor groups will significantly enhance Corvus’ marketing team.
Jeff Pontius, Chief Executive Officer for Corvus, stated, “The addition of Carl Brechtel as our Chief Operation Officer positions the Company to rapidly take full advantage of our expanding North Bullfrog deposit. With a strong balance sheet, fast track development options and a strong gold price, Corvus is uniquely positioned to become a new Nevada gold producer. The addition of Quentin Mai to our marketing team will ensure the Company gets its message out to the broadest possible audience to maximize shareholder value.”
Pursuant to its 2011 Incentive Stock Option Plan, Corvus has granted incentive stock options to management and consultants of the Company to purchase up to an aggregate of 300,000 common shares in the capital stock of the Company. The options will vest over a three-year period and are exercisable on or before May 28, 2017, at a price of CAD 0.92 per share.
About Corvus Gold Inc.
Corvus Gold Inc. is a resource exploration company, focused in Nevada, Alaska and Quebec, which controls a number of exploration projects representing a spectrum of early-stage to advanced gold projects. Corvus is focused on advancing its 100% owned Nevada, North Bullfrog project towards a potential development decision and continuing to explore for new major gold discoveries. Corvus is committed to building shareholder value through new discoveries and leveraging noncore assets via partner funded exploration work into carried and or royalty interests that provide shareholders with exposure to gold production.
On behalf of
Corvus Gold Inc.
(signed) Jeffrey A. Pontius
Jeffrey A. Pontius,
Chief Executive Officer
Ryan Ko, Investor Relations
Phone: 1-888-770-7488 (toll free) or (604) 638-3246 / Fax: (604) 408-7499
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Global Markets Overview – July 15, 2014
- Honduran Gold Mine Caves in; 8 Rescued, 3 Remain Trapped (PHOTOS)
- Chinese Govt Tightens Control on Gold to Curb Imports, Could Drop 400T from 2013 – Report
- ANZ Seeks Role in Pilot Global Gold Trading Platform in Shanghai
- US California Couple Sells 1,400 Rare Gold Coins Found in Backyard, Now Millionaires
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon