Trading RMB Futures in Hong Kong
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | May 30, 2012 1:12 AM EST
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) received approval from the Securities and Futures Commission Monday, to offer Renminbi (RMB) currency futures.
The plan is to be introduced in Q-3 of Y 2012 HKEx's RMB currency futures will be the 1st exchange-traded currency futures settled in RMB.
They will require delivery of US $'s (USD) by the seller and payment of the Final Settlement Value in RMB by the buyer at maturity.
Contracts will be quoted in RMB per USD and margined in RMB, with the trading and settlement fees charged in RMB. The final settlement price of the contracts will be based on the spot fixing published by the Treasury Market Association (TMA) at 11:15 am on the Last Trading Day.
HKEx has announced plans for a RMB readiness test on 30 June this year and Exchange Participants are strongly encouraged to join the test. The launch date of RMB currency futures will be announced in due course.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster's Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year