Trading RMB Futures in Hong Kong
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | May 30, 2012 1:12 AM EST
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) received approval from the Securities and Futures Commission Monday, to offer Renminbi (RMB) currency futures.
The plan is to be introduced in Q-3 of Y 2012 HKEx's RMB currency futures will be the 1st exchange-traded currency futures settled in RMB.
They will require delivery of US $'s (USD) by the seller and payment of the Final Settlement Value in RMB by the buyer at maturity.
Contracts will be quoted in RMB per USD and margined in RMB, with the trading and settlement fees charged in RMB. The final settlement price of the contracts will be based on the spot fixing published by the Treasury Market Association (TMA) at 11:15 am on the Last Trading Day.
HKEx has announced plans for a RMB readiness test on 30 June this year and Exchange Participants are strongly encouraged to join the test. The launch date of RMB currency futures will be announced in due course.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster's Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal