Beyonce Is Back! Singer Wows Fans with Comeback Performance [VIDEOS]
By Simi John | May 26, 2012 8:41 PM EST
It has been a mere five months since singer Beyonce Knowles gave birth to her first child - Blue Ivy Carter. The new mother, though, is back working... in a way!
The former Destiny's Child singer gave a sizzling performance for the opening night of the Revel Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, although the new mother admitted she had some anxiety about the comeback.
"I feel a little nervous. I'm enjoying being a mother so it's like going back to my old job, and it's a little strange," she said, when interviewed for the Making of Revel video, "But it's important that you don't lose yourself and still have your own passions. And so I'm back to work, I'm back to business."
She may confessed to nervousness but on stage the 30 year old showed no signs of it, as she beamed with confidence and performed a selection of her popular numbers, including Crazy in Love, Love on Top and If I Were a Boy, along with a tribute to the late Whitney Houston - a cover of I Will Always Love You. She closed the concert with Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) and wowed the attendees at the Ovation Hall in the Revel.
"I gotta say, it feels so good to be back home on stage," she later said, in a report by the Daily Mail.
The singer was particular about her look for the concert and the theme - modern showgirl - came from luxury couture house Ralph & Russo. According to a report in People magazine, a team of 20 couturiers worked for four weeks to complete the outfit, which was embellished with more than 500,000 crystals from Swarovski Elements.
"Beyoncé always delivers energetic performances and therefore we take into account the comfort and flexibility of each outfit and the ease of getting in and out of the pieces with quick costume changes," Michael Russo said, adding, "It was an absolute pleasure to work with her to create exquisite pieces that dazzle on stage."
The R&B songstress' rapper husband, Jay-Z expressed his support and pride for his better half on Twitter.
"I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine. BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period," he tweeted.
Check out the Making of Revel Videos...
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best