Beyonce Is Back! Singer Wows Fans with Comeback Performance [VIDEOS]
By Simi John | May 26, 2012 8:41 PM EST
It has been a mere five months since singer Beyonce Knowles gave birth to her first child - Blue Ivy Carter. The new mother, though, is back working... in a way!
The former Destiny's Child singer gave a sizzling performance for the opening night of the Revel Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, although the new mother admitted she had some anxiety about the comeback.
"I feel a little nervous. I'm enjoying being a mother so it's like going back to my old job, and it's a little strange," she said, when interviewed for the Making of Revel video, "But it's important that you don't lose yourself and still have your own passions. And so I'm back to work, I'm back to business."
She may confessed to nervousness but on stage the 30 year old showed no signs of it, as she beamed with confidence and performed a selection of her popular numbers, including Crazy in Love, Love on Top and If I Were a Boy, along with a tribute to the late Whitney Houston - a cover of I Will Always Love You. She closed the concert with Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) and wowed the attendees at the Ovation Hall in the Revel.
"I gotta say, it feels so good to be back home on stage," she later said, in a report by the Daily Mail.
The singer was particular about her look for the concert and the theme - modern showgirl - came from luxury couture house Ralph & Russo. According to a report in People magazine, a team of 20 couturiers worked for four weeks to complete the outfit, which was embellished with more than 500,000 crystals from Swarovski Elements.
"Beyoncé always delivers energetic performances and therefore we take into account the comfort and flexibility of each outfit and the ease of getting in and out of the pieces with quick costume changes," Michael Russo said, adding, "It was an absolute pleasure to work with her to create exquisite pieces that dazzle on stage."
The R&B songstress' rapper husband, Jay-Z expressed his support and pride for his better half on Twitter.
"I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine. BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period," he tweeted.
Check out the Making of Revel Videos...
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report