South Korea-Bound Samsung Galaxy S3 May Have a Different Design?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 26, 2012 7:43 PM EST
With just a few days left for the official release of the Samsung Galaxy S3, the design of the South-Korean model spotted hints a different design. The folks at Mobile Phone Blog have obtained a photo of the Galaxy S3, suggesting the device to be the South-Korean LTE version with a completely new design.
"Apparently the LTE version of the Galaxy S3 will be headed to Korea, but due to the LTE radios being incompatible with Samsung's quad-core processors, they will be swapping it out for dual-core processors and at the same time giving it a face lift," claims Ubergizmo.
The surfaced photo suggests that the Korean version of the Galaxy S3's screen is slightly bigger than the original Samsung smartphone. However, there is no official announcement from the company. Hence, it should be taken as pinch of salt.
The Galaxy S3 packs plenty of special features, like Smart Stay, Direct Call, Smart Alert, S Voice and Social Tag. Its Smart Stay lets the phone to stay awake when it senses a user is looking at it. The Direct Call appears to be quite exciting - if the user is reading a message and would like to talk to the sender, he/she must just lift the phone to his/her ear and the Galaxy S3 will automatically dial the number. S Voice seems to be clear competitor for Apple's Siri. In addition, it features NFC, which is used to share the content by simply tapping the device together.
The Samsung smartphone appears to draw lot of attention from tech enthusiasts. As D-day draws closer, the Galaxy S3 is making its rounds via internet. Moreover, according to earlier reports in IBTimes UK, the Korean giant has announced the launch of pop-up stores starting 29 May in London. The Korean giant is set to launch four pop-up stores, starting with the first two Samsung Mobile PINs will open at Westfield Shephard's Bush and at Old Spitalfield's Market, while the other two pop-up stores in Hyde Park and within the Olympic Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists