There are a lot of speculations when Apple, Inc. (NYSE:AAPL) will release its new iPhone. Here are five reasons why the Cupertino-based company will release its iPhone 5 in October.
Tech giant Apple will be introducing its new operating systems and MacBook Pros at this year's WorldWide Developer's Conference but iPhone 5 will not be included in the surprises. The WWDC is the annual event when developers convene. The event will be held in June.
Since the WWDC is closing in, Apple should have sent invitation to the press. Even if the iPhone 5 will not be shown in the event, it is positive that Apple will drop hints and tease people about the details of the highly-anticipated device. However, it is expected that the Cupertino-based company will unveil the new operating system for iPhone and iPad, the new map software and the upgraded iCloud.
The rumors all over the internet led to two possible release dates: June and October. As usual, Apple did not confirm any of the rumors. There are leaks and rumors that prove that the new iPhone will be launched in the fall.
- Third party sources mostly said new device will be released on October. Some of the Asian partners of Apple divulged information that the company will release iPhone 5 in the fall.
- Apples just allowed small carriers to sell or offer iPhone 4S. In order to establish the popularity and maximize the profit of iPhone 4S to these carriers, it is only sensible that Apple will give them an ample of time.
- Apple needs to maximize the profit for the iPhone 4S. In order to achieve this, the company must wait for at least a year before it will launch another device. Moreover, some people waited for some time when iPhone 4S slash a percentage on its prices. Thus, it does not makes sense that Apple will release devices faster.
- Apple has to finalize the design yet. New rumors about the iPhone 5 tell that tech giant Apple has not yet finalized the design of the device. Tech website iMore released newest details about the sixth generation of iPhone. According to the source of the website, Apple is still in the process of finalizing the design of iPhone 5 as it is still unclear if the device will sport a larger screen or alter the aspect ratio or discard the metal back panel.
- Separate and highly-publicized media event. If it is true that iPhone 5 will be released in June. Apple should have made arrangements for the well-known media event that the company always organize for the launch of their devices.
There have been a lot of rumors about the new iPhone 5 such as it will be equipped with a variant of A5X chip, 1GB RAM in iPhone 4S/iPhone 4 casing. There is also a rumor that the next generation of iPhone will be released in June. However, other rumors say that iPhone 5 will be released in the fall of 2012, which will sport the same screen size; support 4G LTE like the new iPad 3 and will come with a new micro dock connector.
To contact the editor, e-mail: