Kristen Stewart’s Balenciaga Pants A Show-Stopper At Cannes [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 24, 2012 4:28 AM EST
Kristen Stewart might be low-key, but she is no wallflower when it comes to fashion. The "Twilight" actress has worn a human skeleton-inspired gown, pranced around in sneakers to red carpet events and even chopped off all her hair. Her pants at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday were just as show-stopping.
Kristen Stewart joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet at Cannes on Wednesday to promote their film "On The Road" and the two wore dramatically different outfits.
The 22-year-old raven-haired actress flaunted a pair of lemon-yellow Balenciaga pants with a multicolor floral design and ankle zippers for her photo call appearance. She paired the eye-popping pants, which sell for around £625 in stores, with a white Juicy Couture tank top and a black Rebecca Minkoff jacket. On her feet were a pair of simple black pumps.
Stewart was tapped by Nicholas Ghesquiere as the face of Balenciaga in January. She wore the label to the Met Ball earlier this month; she sat front row at the AW 2012 show in March; and is a devoted fan of the fashion house.
"Balenciaga has always stood out to me. Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga. The brand is just cool. That's the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn't afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always," Stewart told reporters earlier this year.
Kirsten Dunst went for a far more whimsical look - a white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress from the line's Fall 2012 collection. The white, tea-length shimmering dress with puffed sleeves was made even primmer with a pair of Charlotte Olympia pumps and a floral headband wrapped around her blonde locks.
Stewart stuck with Balenciaga for the red carpet later on in the day, as well. This time she went with a more dramatic, leaf-printed gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere that featured a V-neck and thigh-high split. Stewart wore her dark hair loose and a long simple gold necklace around her neck.
Dunst opted for a fuchsia Christian Dior gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection. She accessorized her column gown with a black belt and sparkling clutch.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga pants? A bold fashion risk or a total miss?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Says Older Sister Kim Kardashian Is Perfect And Naturally Beautiful
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Featured In Du Jour Magazine Photo Spread For Fall
- Cara Delevingne Appears Naked for the Latest Advertisement of Tom Ford Black Orchid Fragrance
- Meet New Human Barbie on the Block: Lolita Richi is Just 16, Claims She Never Had Any Plastic Surgery
- Drag Queen Conchita Wurst Models in Designer Clothes for Latest Issue of CR Fashion Book
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports