Kristen Stewart’s Balenciaga Pants A Show-Stopper At Cannes [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 24, 2012 4:28 AM EST
Kristen Stewart might be low-key, but she is no wallflower when it comes to fashion. The "Twilight" actress has worn a human skeleton-inspired gown, pranced around in sneakers to red carpet events and even chopped off all her hair. Her pants at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday were just as show-stopping.
Kristen Stewart joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet at Cannes on Wednesday to promote their film "On The Road" and the two wore dramatically different outfits.
The 22-year-old raven-haired actress flaunted a pair of lemon-yellow Balenciaga pants with a multicolor floral design and ankle zippers for her photo call appearance. She paired the eye-popping pants, which sell for around £625 in stores, with a white Juicy Couture tank top and a black Rebecca Minkoff jacket. On her feet were a pair of simple black pumps.
Stewart was tapped by Nicholas Ghesquiere as the face of Balenciaga in January. She wore the label to the Met Ball earlier this month; she sat front row at the AW 2012 show in March; and is a devoted fan of the fashion house.
"Balenciaga has always stood out to me. Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga. The brand is just cool. That's the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn't afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always," Stewart told reporters earlier this year.
Kirsten Dunst went for a far more whimsical look - a white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress from the line's Fall 2012 collection. The white, tea-length shimmering dress with puffed sleeves was made even primmer with a pair of Charlotte Olympia pumps and a floral headband wrapped around her blonde locks.
Stewart stuck with Balenciaga for the red carpet later on in the day, as well. This time she went with a more dramatic, leaf-printed gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere that featured a V-neck and thigh-high split. Stewart wore her dark hair loose and a long simple gold necklace around her neck.
Dunst opted for a fuchsia Christian Dior gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection. She accessorized her column gown with a black belt and sparkling clutch.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga pants? A bold fashion risk or a total miss?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates