Kristen Stewart’s Balenciaga Pants A Show-Stopper At Cannes [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 24, 2012 4:28 AM EST
Kristen Stewart might be low-key, but she is no wallflower when it comes to fashion. The "Twilight" actress has worn a human skeleton-inspired gown, pranced around in sneakers to red carpet events and even chopped off all her hair. Her pants at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday were just as show-stopping.
Kristen Stewart joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet at Cannes on Wednesday to promote their film "On The Road" and the two wore dramatically different outfits.
The 22-year-old raven-haired actress flaunted a pair of lemon-yellow Balenciaga pants with a multicolor floral design and ankle zippers for her photo call appearance. She paired the eye-popping pants, which sell for around £625 in stores, with a white Juicy Couture tank top and a black Rebecca Minkoff jacket. On her feet were a pair of simple black pumps.
Stewart was tapped by Nicholas Ghesquiere as the face of Balenciaga in January. She wore the label to the Met Ball earlier this month; she sat front row at the AW 2012 show in March; and is a devoted fan of the fashion house.
"Balenciaga has always stood out to me. Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga. The brand is just cool. That's the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn't afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always," Stewart told reporters earlier this year.
Kirsten Dunst went for a far more whimsical look - a white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress from the line's Fall 2012 collection. The white, tea-length shimmering dress with puffed sleeves was made even primmer with a pair of Charlotte Olympia pumps and a floral headband wrapped around her blonde locks.
Stewart stuck with Balenciaga for the red carpet later on in the day, as well. This time she went with a more dramatic, leaf-printed gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere that featured a V-neck and thigh-high split. Stewart wore her dark hair loose and a long simple gold necklace around her neck.
Dunst opted for a fuchsia Christian Dior gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection. She accessorized her column gown with a black belt and sparkling clutch.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga pants? A bold fashion risk or a total miss?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Moves on with NBA Hunk Chandler Parsons, Harry Styles Becomes Serious with Paige Reifler
- Justin Bieber Vs Cara Delevingne: Justin Calls Cara Multiple Times to Know About Her Relation with Selena Gomez - Reports
- Model Mayhem: All the Models Linked to Justin Bieber on Shots and Instagram
- Kim Kardashian Slams Eating Binge Report, Wears the Tightest Dress Ever
- Ireland Baldwin Topless with Gigi Hadid in Raunchy Photo Shoot
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]