Kristen Stewart’s Balenciaga Pants A Show-Stopper At Cannes [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 24, 2012 4:28 AM EST
Kristen Stewart might be low-key, but she is no wallflower when it comes to fashion. The "Twilight" actress has worn a human skeleton-inspired gown, pranced around in sneakers to red carpet events and even chopped off all her hair. Her pants at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday were just as show-stopping.
Kristen Stewart joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet at Cannes on Wednesday to promote their film "On The Road" and the two wore dramatically different outfits.
The 22-year-old raven-haired actress flaunted a pair of lemon-yellow Balenciaga pants with a multicolor floral design and ankle zippers for her photo call appearance. She paired the eye-popping pants, which sell for around £625 in stores, with a white Juicy Couture tank top and a black Rebecca Minkoff jacket. On her feet were a pair of simple black pumps.
Stewart was tapped by Nicholas Ghesquiere as the face of Balenciaga in January. She wore the label to the Met Ball earlier this month; she sat front row at the AW 2012 show in March; and is a devoted fan of the fashion house.
"Balenciaga has always stood out to me. Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga. The brand is just cool. That's the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn't afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always," Stewart told reporters earlier this year.
Kirsten Dunst went for a far more whimsical look - a white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress from the line's Fall 2012 collection. The white, tea-length shimmering dress with puffed sleeves was made even primmer with a pair of Charlotte Olympia pumps and a floral headband wrapped around her blonde locks.
Stewart stuck with Balenciaga for the red carpet later on in the day, as well. This time she went with a more dramatic, leaf-printed gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere that featured a V-neck and thigh-high split. Stewart wore her dark hair loose and a long simple gold necklace around her neck.
Dunst opted for a fuchsia Christian Dior gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection. She accessorized her column gown with a black belt and sparkling clutch.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga pants? A bold fashion risk or a total miss?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Responds To Fat Accusations By Eating Gelato
- Kendall Jenner Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Man In Milan
- Kim, Kourtney And Khloe Kardashian Show Full Support For Kendall Jenner In Milan Fashion Week Amid Bullying Reports
- Kim Kardashian Attends Gallery Opening In A Sexy Top Amid Nude Photo Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Admits Using Instagram To Find Inspiration For Kardashian Kollection Designs
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed