Kristen Stewart’s Balenciaga Pants A Show-Stopper At Cannes [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 24, 2012 4:28 AM EST
Kristen Stewart might be low-key, but she is no wallflower when it comes to fashion. The "Twilight" actress has worn a human skeleton-inspired gown, pranced around in sneakers to red carpet events and even chopped off all her hair. Her pants at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday were just as show-stopping.
Kristen Stewart joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet at Cannes on Wednesday to promote their film "On The Road" and the two wore dramatically different outfits.
The 22-year-old raven-haired actress flaunted a pair of lemon-yellow Balenciaga pants with a multicolor floral design and ankle zippers for her photo call appearance. She paired the eye-popping pants, which sell for around £625 in stores, with a white Juicy Couture tank top and a black Rebecca Minkoff jacket. On her feet were a pair of simple black pumps.
Stewart was tapped by Nicholas Ghesquiere as the face of Balenciaga in January. She wore the label to the Met Ball earlier this month; she sat front row at the AW 2012 show in March; and is a devoted fan of the fashion house.
"Balenciaga has always stood out to me. Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga. The brand is just cool. That's the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn't afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always," Stewart told reporters earlier this year.
Kirsten Dunst went for a far more whimsical look - a white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress from the line's Fall 2012 collection. The white, tea-length shimmering dress with puffed sleeves was made even primmer with a pair of Charlotte Olympia pumps and a floral headband wrapped around her blonde locks.
Stewart stuck with Balenciaga for the red carpet later on in the day, as well. This time she went with a more dramatic, leaf-printed gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere that featured a V-neck and thigh-high split. Stewart wore her dark hair loose and a long simple gold necklace around her neck.
Dunst opted for a fuchsia Christian Dior gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection. She accessorized her column gown with a black belt and sparkling clutch.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga pants? A bold fashion risk or a total miss?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Robert Pattinson Allegedly Overheard Hating Kristen Stewart's Short Hair, Link to Being Lesbian - Reports
- Harry Styles and Paige Reifler Allegedly Back Together
- Kim Kardashian Allegedly Snubs Vogue Editor Anna Wintour in her Game Kim Kardashian Hollywood
- Hot German Model Andre Hamann Serenades Birthday Girl Selena with Kings of Leon Song
- Kate Middleton Wears Green Tea Dress To Celebrate Prince George's Birthday: Where To Get The Dress
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales