All The Details On Priscilla Chan’s $4,700 Wedding Dress [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 22, 2012 6:40 AM EST
Priscilla Chan is not only a medical school graduate, she is now officially Mark Zuckerberg's wife.
Priscilla Chan married the Facebook founder and CEO in a surprise wedding on Saturday, surrounded by 100 close friends and family members. The low-key event took place in the backyard of their Palo Alto, Calif., home. The couple has been dating for nine years, after having met during their sophomore year at Harvard University.
The question on everyone's mind: What did she wear?!
Details on Priscilla Chan's wedding dress have finally emerged.
The 27-year-old bride wore a white lace gown, called "Sky Between the Branches," by designer Claire Pettibone, according to People magazine. The ivory laser-cut floral dress is ornamented with matte sequins lined in silk, reported the magazine. It also features delicate cutouts in the lace overlay, a sheer back and a chapel-length train that fell over Chan's shoulders.
The dress retails for a modest $4,700 and is currently available on Pettibone's website. It falls in the mid-price range of the designer's offerings, which sell for as much as $7,000 and up. The dress is part of Pettibone's "continuing" bridal collection.
The L.A.-based designer was thrilled with how Priscilla Chan looked in her design.
"She wore it with such grace," Pettibone told People magazine. "Her gown seems to perfectly capture her personality -- understated and elegant with a touch of sparkle. It's a perfect blend of femininity and fashion."
Pettibone has designed wedding dresses for the likes of "Mad Men" actress Elisabeth Moss, "American Idol" contestant Tamyra Gray and a bridesmaid dress worn by Cameron Diaz.
Chan graduated on Monday from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and guests thought they were attending a surprise party to celebrate this graduation. Little did they know the couple had been planning the wedding for five months.
Guests ate family style from some of the couple's favorite Palo Alto eateries including Palo Alto Sol and Fuki Sushi, Us Weekly reported. Dessert was L.A. Burdick handmade chocolate "mice," whimsical delicacies popular for every occasion. The couple shared these on their first date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money