All The Details On Priscilla Chan’s $4,700 Wedding Dress [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 22, 2012 6:40 AM EST
Priscilla Chan is not only a medical school graduate, she is now officially Mark Zuckerberg's wife.
Priscilla Chan married the Facebook founder and CEO in a surprise wedding on Saturday, surrounded by 100 close friends and family members. The low-key event took place in the backyard of their Palo Alto, Calif., home. The couple has been dating for nine years, after having met during their sophomore year at Harvard University.
The question on everyone's mind: What did she wear?!
Details on Priscilla Chan's wedding dress have finally emerged.
The 27-year-old bride wore a white lace gown, called "Sky Between the Branches," by designer Claire Pettibone, according to People magazine. The ivory laser-cut floral dress is ornamented with matte sequins lined in silk, reported the magazine. It also features delicate cutouts in the lace overlay, a sheer back and a chapel-length train that fell over Chan's shoulders.
The dress retails for a modest $4,700 and is currently available on Pettibone's website. It falls in the mid-price range of the designer's offerings, which sell for as much as $7,000 and up. The dress is part of Pettibone's "continuing" bridal collection.
The L.A.-based designer was thrilled with how Priscilla Chan looked in her design.
"She wore it with such grace," Pettibone told People magazine. "Her gown seems to perfectly capture her personality -- understated and elegant with a touch of sparkle. It's a perfect blend of femininity and fashion."
Pettibone has designed wedding dresses for the likes of "Mad Men" actress Elisabeth Moss, "American Idol" contestant Tamyra Gray and a bridesmaid dress worn by Cameron Diaz.
Chan graduated on Monday from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and guests thought they were attending a surprise party to celebrate this graduation. Little did they know the couple had been planning the wedding for five months.
Guests ate family style from some of the couple's favorite Palo Alto eateries including Palo Alto Sol and Fuki Sushi, Us Weekly reported. Dessert was L.A. Burdick handmade chocolate "mice," whimsical delicacies popular for every occasion. The couple shared these on their first date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Miranda Kerr And Orlando Bloom 'Love And Care For Each Other'
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West And Baby North West Makes Up André Leon Talley 'First Fashion Family'
- Nicole Kidman Wardrobe Malfunction: Keith Urban's Wife's Skirts Blows Up In Wind As She Takes A Shot At The Golf Tournament
- Kate Middleton's Pretty Little Black Dress Is A Sold Out
- Kim Kardashian Says Daughter North Will Have To Work For What She Wants Despite Family's Wealth
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight