All The Details On Priscilla Chan’s $4,700 Wedding Dress [PHOTOS]
By Cavan Sieczkowski | May 22, 2012 6:40 AM EST
Priscilla Chan is not only a medical school graduate, she is now officially Mark Zuckerberg's wife.
Priscilla Chan married the Facebook founder and CEO in a surprise wedding on Saturday, surrounded by 100 close friends and family members. The low-key event took place in the backyard of their Palo Alto, Calif., home. The couple has been dating for nine years, after having met during their sophomore year at Harvard University.
The question on everyone's mind: What did she wear?!
Details on Priscilla Chan's wedding dress have finally emerged.
The 27-year-old bride wore a white lace gown, called "Sky Between the Branches," by designer Claire Pettibone, according to People magazine. The ivory laser-cut floral dress is ornamented with matte sequins lined in silk, reported the magazine. It also features delicate cutouts in the lace overlay, a sheer back and a chapel-length train that fell over Chan's shoulders.
The dress retails for a modest $4,700 and is currently available on Pettibone's website. It falls in the mid-price range of the designer's offerings, which sell for as much as $7,000 and up. The dress is part of Pettibone's "continuing" bridal collection.
The L.A.-based designer was thrilled with how Priscilla Chan looked in her design.
"She wore it with such grace," Pettibone told People magazine. "Her gown seems to perfectly capture her personality -- understated and elegant with a touch of sparkle. It's a perfect blend of femininity and fashion."
Pettibone has designed wedding dresses for the likes of "Mad Men" actress Elisabeth Moss, "American Idol" contestant Tamyra Gray and a bridesmaid dress worn by Cameron Diaz.
Chan graduated on Monday from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, and guests thought they were attending a surprise party to celebrate this graduation. Little did they know the couple had been planning the wedding for five months.
Guests ate family style from some of the couple's favorite Palo Alto eateries including Palo Alto Sol and Fuki Sushi, Us Weekly reported. Dessert was L.A. Burdick handmade chocolate "mice," whimsical delicacies popular for every occasion. The couple shared these on their first date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Arthur George By Rob Kardashian Now Available In Colette Paris
- Nicole Kidman Does A Risqué, Twilight Style Photo Shoot In Sultry Lingerie For Interview Magazine
- Hello Kitty's Shocking News: She Is Not Cat But A Little Girl Of George and Mary White
- Keira Knightley Goes Topless For 'Interview' Magazine's September Cover
- Spanish Clothing Giant Zara Apologises For Making Kids T-Shirt That Resemble Nazi Concentration Camp Uniforms
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble