SMU Rowing Team Calls Out Harvard Men's Baseball In 'Call Me Maybe' Parody Challenge [VIDEO]
By Carey Vanderborg | May 17, 2012 1:49 AM EST
The SMU women's rowing team is calling out the Harvard men's baseball team with a "Call Me Maybe" challenge.
The SMU team was on its way to the airport in Knoxville, Tenn., after the Conference USA championships in Oak Ridge when they taped a choreographed dance to Carly Rae Jepsen's hit single, "Call Me Maybe."
The video was an apparent challenge to the Harvard men's baseball team, as the SMU women's rowing squad posted the dance on YouTube with a caption reading, "Ball's in your court, Harvard baseball."
"We were listening to a song, and one girl said "let's do this Harvard baseball style!" and she started pounding her fists on the ceiling. Then our trainer said 'if you really want to make something, you should lay down and do that with your feet in the air," Emily McCombs, the video's director, told The Buzz.
Others involved in the SMU video include in the back row (from left) Lauren Moore and Rachelle Schelhaas. Singers (in order of appearance) were Halley Learned, Claira McElroy, and Maggie Jones. The front row dancers (from left) were Courtaney Miller, Chantelle Conley, and Emily Carstens. Athletic trainer Drew Yoder was the "choreographer, driver, and brains of the operation," McCombs told The Buzz.
The "Call Me Maybe" video posted by the Harvard men's baseball team last week and rapidly went viral, boasting more than 800,000 views in its first three days.
The video was credited by the student newspaper, The Harvard Crimson, as providing some "much-needed finals period entertainment."
The Harvard video also made an effort to raise awareness for a good cause, as it links to the website of the Friends of Jaclyn Foundation for children with brain tumors.
Check out both video's to see which one you think is better!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft