New ‘Bachelorette’ Season Spoilers: Emily Maynard’s Top 3, Filming Locations And More [SPOILERS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 15, 2012 1:15 AM EST
WARNING: This article contains spoilers regarding the new season of ABC's "The Bachelorette" starring Emily Maynard.
The new season of ABC's "The Bachelorette" will premiere Monday, May 14, and Southern beauty Emily Maynard is ready to find love.
Emily Maynard first became a primetime sensation when she appeared on Season 16 of ABC's 'The Bachelor." Maynard, a stunning 26-year-old from North Carolina, stole America's heart when she discussed her sorrowful past on "The Bachelor." Maynard revealed that her high school sweetheart, racecar driver Ricky Hendrick, died in a tragic plane crash in 2004 just days before she found out she was pregnant with their daughter. Maynard gave birth to Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick on June 29, 2005.
But the love between Maynard and Womack did not last. The couple broke up after Maynard accepted Womack's proposal and a $50,000 Neil Lane diamond engagement ring.
"Watching it back, he had a tendency to say the same thing to a couple of girls," Emily said last June when explaining why she would not marry Womack. "So I felt less and less special."
"There was no huge blow-up fight. It was two adults having the maturity to step away and realize that just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other."
Now Emily Maynard has another shot at love with her new season of "The Bachelorette" and 25 eager male suitors vying for her affection.
"I've been in love twice, and I lost it twice," Emily told Life & Style magazine. "Coming back to be 'The Bachelorette' is a huge risk. But to meet the person that I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with, I think it's totally worth it."
The blonde beauty said that on the new season of ABC's hit reality series, she gets that "butterflies in your stomach feeling" from some (or one?) of 25 competing for her love.
"Thanks for all the support last night! I'm so excited and can't wait to share this journey with you all! Be sure to watch on May 14th! Xox," Emily tweeted back in March.
Here is a round-up of the best spoilers for the new season of ABC's "The Bachelorette," premiering Monday, May 14, at 9:30 pm EST.
Emily Maynard's Final Four
The biggest spoiler to leak regarding the new season of "The Bachelorette" is Emily Maynard's top-four pick. WetPaint uncovered the final four bachelors Maynard chooses. "We already know who makes it into her final four: philanthropist sk8er boy Jef Holm, hunky Texas fitness model Sean Lowe, Dutch-born car racer Arie Luyendyk, Jr., and Chicago sports marketer Chris Bukowski," wrote WetPaint reporter Whitney Ricketts. The website also adds that Maynard sends Bukowski back home to Chicago, narrowing down her top three to Holm, Lowe and Luyendyk.
According to the Bachelorette Blog, one of Maynard's top two is Sean Lowe. The blog also reported that the Final Rose Ceremony takes place in Curacao this season.
Emily Maynard's early eliminations have been revealed thanks to Reality Steve. The blonde beauty apparently does not take a liking to Aaron Martell. Another contestant who leaves early is Kalon McMahon, who arrives in a helicopter for the cocktail party. ABC's "Bachelorette" preview clip reveals that there is one bad apple in the bunch, who refers to Maynard's daughter Ricki as "baggage." When Maynard finds out about this comment, she tells the guy to "get the hell out."
The new season of "The Bachelorette" was not filmed at some fancy bachelor pad in Los Angeles. Instead, the 25 contestants moved into a European-style mansion in Maynard's hometown of Charlotte, N.C., reported The L.A. Times. Along with Charlotte, N.C., other shooting locations include Vancouver, Bermuda, London, Prague and Dubrovnki, Croatia. While in Bermuda, Maynard and her "Bachelors" stayed at the Rosewood Tucker's Point Resort, according to Reality Steve. The new season of "The Bachelorette" began filming in March. Production has not yet wrapped.
Emily Maynard's Chic Style
"Bachelorette" Emily Maynard is stunningly gorgeous and so is her wardrobe. As soon as she hit the small screen for Season 16 of "The Bachelor," no one could stop talking about her chic style. Some of her fashions from the new season of "The Bachelorette" have already been scouted out.
Another look worn by Maynard is the Stella & Dot Serenity Necklace, made with large blue and green stones (shop.stelladot.com, $198). The young mother paired hers with a bright coral dress and bronze pumps for a cool summer look.
Finally, Maynard's adorable Love NEVER Fails T-shirt (molleev.com, $30) caught the eyes of her Twitter followers when she tweeted out a photo of herself in the royal blue shirt with gold lettering. The 1 Corinthians 13:8 verse is apropos for the new "Bachelorette" who is hoping to find ever-lasting love this season.
Emily Maynard's popularity during Season 16 of "The Bachelor" paid off. Literally. The new "Bachelorette" reportedly signed a contract with ABC for $250,000, according to WetPaint. This is more than twice the base salary paid to "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" stars, the website reported. Ashley Hebert, who starred in Season 7 of "The Bachelorette," reportedly received $100,000 for her tenure.
Her Season Is "Drastically Different" Than All Others
What makes the new season of "The Bachelorette" so "drastically different" than all others is Emily Maynard herself. Maynard has been raising her daughter Ricki as a single mother since the death of her fiancé in 2004.
"Her being a single mom definitely changed the tone," host of "The Bachelorette" Chris Harrison told the L.A. Times on Wednesday. "Throughout the show, there was always just that underlying issue of, she's a mom, and is the guy ready?"
"I think what people will love - especially single moms - is that Emily is holding that banner high. There are several moments throughout this show where, for lack of a better term, people are going to say, 'Damn girl, well done, way to handle it.' You think she's this delicate little flower until right when she needs to handle her business. And she handles it very well," said Harrison.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports