Rochdale Child Sex Ring: 'Master', 'Tiger' and Seven Others Guilty of Rape and Trafficking
By Jamie Lewis | May 9, 2012 1:03 AM EST
The nine men being tried for sexual exploitation charges on a series of underage girls in Rochdale have been found guilty.
The men, all from Oldham and Rochdale, groomed the young girls, with one being as a young as 13.
The jury at Liverpool Crown Court convicted them for their part in a child sexual exploitation ring centring on Heywood, Greater Manchester.
The exploitation was investigated in 2008 but police failed to find evidence against the men, resulting in a further two years of abuse.
All nine men passed their victims around to friends and family after plying them with drink and drugs in order to use them for sex.
A drawn out and harrowing trial had the girls explain their ordeals, most of which happened in a takeaway restaurant in Rochdale.
One girl, who was 13 at the time, told the court: "He [a 59-year-old man] told me to get on the bed and have sex with him. I said 'No' but he said 'I have just given you vodka so it is part of the deal - I have done something for you so you have to do something for me.
"He pulled his pants down and I said I don't want to do it but he just carried on.
"He was just saying, 'Please, please, we are good friends.' I was crying while he was doing it but he just ignored me. He started saying 'Don't cry, I love you' and all this."
She added: "Afterwards I went downstairs and he said 'Have you been crying?' and I said 'Yes'. He said: 'I love you, when can I make love to you again?' and I said 'Never'."
The girl recalled that the man instantly raped her again before giving her £40 to keep quiet about it.
The court heard that the girls only knew their attackers by nicknames they gave themselves, such as "Master" and "Tiger".
The men denied all charges but nine of the eleven men on trial have now been found guilty the offences included rape, trafficking girls for sex and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child
Two men, Qamar Shazad and Liaquat Shah were acquitted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- ISIS Crucifies Teenage Boy For Filming Syrian Base; Image Of Baby Girl Being Beheaded Found [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Planning Christmas With Her Family In Anmer Hall, Norfolk--Report
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks