High School Principal Resigns After Creating Fake Facebook Account To Spy On Students
By Ankita Mehta | May 8, 2012 10:09 PM EST
A high school principal has resigned after stories surfaced claiming that she created a fake Facebook account to keep an eye on her students.
Clayton High School Principal Louise Losos resigned Friday following a leave of absence and accusation of posing as a high school student on Facebook.
The school, however, said that Losos resignation was a "fundamental dispute concerning the appropriate use of social media."
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Clayton students began getting friend requests from someone calling themselves "Suzy Harriston," and many approved her without a second thought.
Suzy Harriston had 300 people on her friends list and out of that many of them were students of Clayton High School in Saint Louis.
However, on April 5, a 2011 graduate Chase Haslett became suspicious. He posted a public allegation on the Facebook group, "Bring Back Coach Horrell" saying "Suzy" was, in fact, Principal Losos.
"Whoever is friends with Suzy Harriston on Facebook needs to drop them. It is the Clayton Principal," he wrote.
The Facebook group "Bring Back Coach Horrell" was created for a separate incident in which the high school decided to fire Sam Horrell as the football coach after he gave Clayton middle school student's advice related to strength training.
Harriston's profile disappeared soon after Haslett posted the allegations on Facebook, the Kansas City Star reported and the next day the Clayton School District said that the principal would be taking leave of absence the following Monday.
Last Friday, district officials said Losos announced her resignation, which is effective from June 30.
"She will remain on a leave of absence for personal reasons for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school years," according to a district statement provided to Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch.
Meanwhile, Clayton district officials are scheduled to meet the school's faculty and students Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- BC Labour Unions Offer $8M Interest-Free Loans to Striking Teachers; Surplus Won’t Be Used to Settle Teachers’ Strike – Finance Minister
- 12-Year Old's Racy Photos And Erotica Literature Discovered In iPad School Provided
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Boxing Education Institute to Open in China
- Prince William & Kate Middleton First Autum Engagement, Royal Couple Opening Oxford University’s China Centre
- New Zealand Teachers Union Rejects Government’s Education Plan
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date