High School Principal Resigns After Creating Fake Facebook Account To Spy On Students
By Ankita Mehta | May 8, 2012 10:09 PM EST
A high school principal has resigned after stories surfaced claiming that she created a fake Facebook account to keep an eye on her students.
Clayton High School Principal Louise Losos resigned Friday following a leave of absence and accusation of posing as a high school student on Facebook.
The school, however, said that Losos resignation was a "fundamental dispute concerning the appropriate use of social media."
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Clayton students began getting friend requests from someone calling themselves "Suzy Harriston," and many approved her without a second thought.
Suzy Harriston had 300 people on her friends list and out of that many of them were students of Clayton High School in Saint Louis.
However, on April 5, a 2011 graduate Chase Haslett became suspicious. He posted a public allegation on the Facebook group, "Bring Back Coach Horrell" saying "Suzy" was, in fact, Principal Losos.
"Whoever is friends with Suzy Harriston on Facebook needs to drop them. It is the Clayton Principal," he wrote.
The Facebook group "Bring Back Coach Horrell" was created for a separate incident in which the high school decided to fire Sam Horrell as the football coach after he gave Clayton middle school student's advice related to strength training.
Harriston's profile disappeared soon after Haslett posted the allegations on Facebook, the Kansas City Star reported and the next day the Clayton School District said that the principal would be taking leave of absence the following Monday.
Last Friday, district officials said Losos announced her resignation, which is effective from June 30.
"She will remain on a leave of absence for personal reasons for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school years," according to a district statement provided to Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch.
Meanwhile, Clayton district officials are scheduled to meet the school's faculty and students Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report