High School Principal Resigns After Creating Fake Facebook Account To Spy On Students
By Ankita Mehta | May 8, 2012 10:09 PM EST
A high school principal has resigned after stories surfaced claiming that she created a fake Facebook account to keep an eye on her students.
Clayton High School Principal Louise Losos resigned Friday following a leave of absence and accusation of posing as a high school student on Facebook.
The school, however, said that Losos resignation was a "fundamental dispute concerning the appropriate use of social media."
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Clayton students began getting friend requests from someone calling themselves "Suzy Harriston," and many approved her without a second thought.
Suzy Harriston had 300 people on her friends list and out of that many of them were students of Clayton High School in Saint Louis.
However, on April 5, a 2011 graduate Chase Haslett became suspicious. He posted a public allegation on the Facebook group, "Bring Back Coach Horrell" saying "Suzy" was, in fact, Principal Losos.
"Whoever is friends with Suzy Harriston on Facebook needs to drop them. It is the Clayton Principal," he wrote.
The Facebook group "Bring Back Coach Horrell" was created for a separate incident in which the high school decided to fire Sam Horrell as the football coach after he gave Clayton middle school student's advice related to strength training.
Harriston's profile disappeared soon after Haslett posted the allegations on Facebook, the Kansas City Star reported and the next day the Clayton School District said that the principal would be taking leave of absence the following Monday.
Last Friday, district officials said Losos announced her resignation, which is effective from June 30.
"She will remain on a leave of absence for personal reasons for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school years," according to a district statement provided to Clayton-Richmond Heights Patch.
Meanwhile, Clayton district officials are scheduled to meet the school's faculty and students Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- It Doesn’t Pay To Be A Whistleblower In Australia, Especially If Subject Of Expose Is PM’s Daughter
- 5 Disney Movies That Are Actually Scary In The Original Books
- 5 Uncanny Sports That Had Actually Been Part Of The Olympics
- 5 Smartphone Apps For The Workaholic
- Ban On 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' Among Kinders For Political Correctness
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28