'Tanning Mom' Patricia Krentcil Pleads Not Guilty, Calls Herself A ‘Wonderful Mother’
By Ankita Mehta | May 4, 2012 9:56 PM EST
Patricia Krentcil, the New Jersey mother who was accused of burning her five-year-old daughter Anna, after taking her to a tanning salon appeared in Superior court in Newark and pleaded not guilty.
Krentcil faces a second-degree child endangerment charge and on Wednesday entered a not guilty plea to the charges.
During her court appearance Krentcil did not speak, except to say "Thank you, your honor, have a nice day," CBS New York reported.
"My client is 150 percent innocent," Krentcil's attorney, John D. Caruso, told CBS News. "That child was never in that tanning booth."
Earlier, the 44-year-old admitted to bringing Anna into the salon but she also said that she never allowed the fair-skinned girl into the tanning bed.
"It didn't happen," CBS News reported quoting Krentcil. "She's 6-years-old. Yes, she does go tanning with mommy but not in the booth."
But when a school nurse asked Anna how she got the burn, she simply replied "I go tanning with mommy."
However, Krentcil, a mother of five, called the whole issue just a misunderstanding and said her daughter got the sunburn from playing in the yard.
"Look at my daughter's picture, she's as pale as a ghost, she has red hair," Krentcil said outside court. "I'm a great mother, I'm a wonderful mother. I would die right now for her."
The "tanning mom" who is furious about the allegations that she is a lousy mother calls her critics "jealous, fat and ugly."
"There's somebody out there for my whole life that doesn't like me because they are jealous, fat and they're ugly,' Krencil told a reporter on Thursday.
"I would never, ever put my daughter in a tanning booth," she told TMZ.
"Any mother who makes an accusation about me is not a mother because I'm a great mother - I would never do that to my child."
Meanwhile, Anna's pictures have emerged along with her brother and father Rich Krentcil at their Nutley home, New Jersey.
Rich, supporting his wife, told The Daily News that "they're making her out to be a monster."
"She just likes it. She's not a crazy maniac where she has to tan every day."
Krentcil admitted that she loves tanning and has visited tanning booths for several years but she also accepted that she would not do anything to put her five-year-old's health in danger.
"Never in my life would I endanger my child by putting her in a tanning booth. I'm not dumb," Krentcil said before her court hearing. She also called herself a "wonderful mother" outside court.
Meanwhile, Krentcil was released on $2,500 cash bond and her daughter is still living with her. Her next court appearance is scheduled for June 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Beheading Video of Steven Sotloff Sparks Outrage; Family Believes Footage is 'Authentic'
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display