X-Factor Finalizes Deal with Former Disney Stars: Demi Lovato, Britney Spears
By Diadem Pambid | May 4, 2012 1:48 PM EST
Rumors have been swirling around about a few possible stars to join Simon Cowell's hit show, "X-Factor". Now it looks as if the deal has been sealed with two pop stars, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
Both celebrities have been offered a contract and all that's missing is the singers' signatures on the dotted line.
Simon Cowell had no qualms taking off Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger off the show. Given Hollywood is filled with a lot of potential judges to fill in the vacant seats, shortages on pop stars to sign on the show are but Simon's least concern. Now, it looks as if Simon has finally found the perfect panel to judge worthy contestants to stay on his show.
Earlier in the year, Britney Spears had been slated for a spot in the panel. Though the deal and payments have been a continuous debate by both parties, Spears and her team had finally closed in on a $15 million dollar deal. All that is left for the 30-year old is to sign the official contract before Spears can get it on the show.
Another notable name mentioned to join the show is Demi Lovato. Sources claimed that Demi, along with Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne and Fergie are potential prospects for "X-Factor". The 19-year-old singer had expressed utmost joy on the news that she had been a potential judge for the show.
"Yeah, I never really thought about it but I think that would be amazing, that would be a dream come true," says Demi in an interview with MTV News,
"It might be hard but I think that I'd have to give my honest opinion and I just have to do my job as judge." added Lovato.
According to Radar Online, Britney says Demi would be the perfect choice. Spears did say that the 19-year old will serve as an inspiration and hopefully attract the younger generation to join the show.
"Britney loves how open and honest Demi has been with her fans after she went to rehab last year. She thinks they have a lot in common and that they would have great chemistry on the show," says an insider.
With the deal final on Demi and Britney judging for the show, fans are eager for the season to finally air.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy