Crazy Juke-R Race Car Destroys Dubai Supercars in "Desert Nemesis" Video - And You Can Buy It
By Benjamin Reeves | May 4, 2012 5:59 AM EST
The wicked little Juke-R -- the unholy spawn of a Nissan Juke mated to GT-R engine -- can tear up the track at speeds up to 160 mph and recently starred in its own noir themed movie "Desert Nemesis" as it faced off under the able hand of driver Lucas Ordonez against Dubai racing master Salah Salahuddin's stable of supercars. And now Nissan says the car will be available to buy -- as least if you're super-rich.
While the car looks like a possessed, track-eating version of Darth Vader's helmet, it soundly trounced three of the world's best supercars from Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari and Lamborghini around an improvised track. And no wonder, the 545-horsepower Juke-R will sport the drivetrain from the 2012 GT-R and according to Nissan holds the title of "world's fastest Crossover."
Although the version raised at the Dubai track is still technically a concept, Nissan has announced that it plans to build the Juke-R and currently has firm orders for three of the cars, two of which have come from a "high-profile and well-respected member of Dubai society."
"The Juke-R was originally intended as a one-off concept to marry two of Nissan's most innovative models. But the reaction we had to the car in Dubai was amazing -- people were making offers for the original on the street," Gareth Dunsmore, Marketing Product Manager, for the Juke said.
No word yet on how much the Juke-R will cost, but when Top Gear was on the scene driving the car in Dubai, they received an offer of a "seven figure sum on the spot. And the figure didn't even start with a one. Or a two." So figure the car could cost as much as $3,000,000, compared to MSRP on a vanilla Nissan Juke of just $23,930 for the top trim model. Jalopnik reports a somewhat more reasonable price of $600,000. Still, that's roughly 25 regular Jukes.
Watch the Nissan Juke-R Dubai race video "Desert Nemesis" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS