Ryan O’Neal Book ‘Both Of Us’ And Other Celebrity Memoirs Out In Stores
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 3, 2012 7:35 AM EST
This has been quite the year so far for celebrity memoirs. One book that's been making waves this week is Ryan O'Neal's "Both of Us," which goes into his time with the late actress Farrah Fawcett.
"I wrote it because I missed her," O'Neal told Matt Lauer on the Today Show on Tuesday. "And it was a way to keep the line between us going. I still felt she was nearby when I wrote this. She was close."
O'Neal isn't the only famous person getting personal lately via the bookshelf. Here are other celebrity memoirs currently out in stores.
A Natural Woman: A Memoir by Carole King
Carole King goes into her life, her upbringing and her music career, which has spanned decades. "A Natural Woman" also goes behind the scenes of the music business.
Never Say Never: Finding a Life That Fits by Ricki Lake
The television personality and newlywed goes into much of her personal problems in her memoir, including her struggles with weight and relationships.
My Extraordinary Ordinary Life by Sissy Spacek with Maryanne Vollers
The award-winning actress goes into her rural upbringing and her move to stardom. "If I get hit by a truck tomorrow," she wrote, according to a book synopsis, "I want to know I've returned my neighbor's cake pan."
You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other) by Vanessa Williams and Helen Williams
Vanessa Williams wrote this memoir with the help of her mom. Williams goes into her life and career, and gets into some very personal details, including the time she said she was sexually molested when she was a child and the Miss America nude photo scandal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Game of Thrones 2014 Comic Con: George R.R. Martin & His Inspiration, GOT Showrunners & The Challenge to Tell the Story on Screen
- Fifty Shades of Grey Jamie Dornan Making Waves in Hollywood, Irish Actor Lands a Role Alongside Bradley Cooper
- Winds of Winter Spoilers: Stannis Baratheon – Fans’ Expectations
- Book ‘Exposes’ Bill Clinton’s Secret Mistress and Her ‘Perky’ Breasts
- Sons of Anarchy Star Charlie Hunnam Calls Fifty Shades of Grey Sophisticated and Brilliant
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies