Ryan O’Neal Book ‘Both Of Us’ And Other Celebrity Memoirs Out In Stores
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 3, 2012 7:35 AM EST
This has been quite the year so far for celebrity memoirs. One book that's been making waves this week is Ryan O'Neal's "Both of Us," which goes into his time with the late actress Farrah Fawcett.
"I wrote it because I missed her," O'Neal told Matt Lauer on the Today Show on Tuesday. "And it was a way to keep the line between us going. I still felt she was nearby when I wrote this. She was close."
O'Neal isn't the only famous person getting personal lately via the bookshelf. Here are other celebrity memoirs currently out in stores.
A Natural Woman: A Memoir by Carole King
Carole King goes into her life, her upbringing and her music career, which has spanned decades. "A Natural Woman" also goes behind the scenes of the music business.
Never Say Never: Finding a Life That Fits by Ricki Lake
The television personality and newlywed goes into much of her personal problems in her memoir, including her struggles with weight and relationships.
My Extraordinary Ordinary Life by Sissy Spacek with Maryanne Vollers
The award-winning actress goes into her rural upbringing and her move to stardom. "If I get hit by a truck tomorrow," she wrote, according to a book synopsis, "I want to know I've returned my neighbor's cake pan."
You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other) by Vanessa Williams and Helen Williams
Vanessa Williams wrote this memoir with the help of her mom. Williams goes into her life and career, and gets into some very personal details, including the time she said she was sexually molested when she was a child and the Miss America nude photo scandal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage