Jared Followill Engaged to Martha Patterson: Kings of Leon Bassist Is Off the Market, Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 3, 2012 3:17 AM EST
Jared Followill, the bassist for Kings of Leon, is engaged to his model girlfriend Martha Patterson.
"Yes, it's true! Jared proposed to Martha on Apr. 11 at his home in Nashville and we're all excited for the newly engaged couple," Followill's rep confirmed to JustJared.com.
According to his rep, Followill proposed with a custom designed 4-carat "cushion-cut" diamond set on a diamond-covered band.
Following the footsteps of his band mates, the 25-year-old rocker is the fourth and last Kings of Leon member to take the plunge.
Followill's brother Caleb tied the knot with Lily Aldridge, a Victoria's Secret supermodel, nearly one year ago. The couple said "I do" in a private ceremony held at a range in Montecito, Calif. In December, they announced that they were expecting their first child together.
"We can't wait to meet the new addition to our family," Followill and Aldridge said in a statement.
The other Followill brother, drummer Nathan, has been married to singer-songwriter Jessie Baylin since 2009, while cousin Matthew Followill and his wife Johanna Bennett welcomed their son Knox last May.
Jared Followill and Patterson have been dating for "only a few months," according to JustJared.com.
In April, the couple attended the 2012 Coachella Music Festival in Indio, Calif., where they hung out in the VIP section with supermodel Karlie Kloss and her boyfriend Sam Bradford (of the St. Louis Rams).
The Kings of Leon are currently in the middle of a six-month hiatus.
Last summer, during a 50-plus date world tour in support of their latest studio album, "Come Around Sundown," Caleb Followill walked off the stage in Dallas. He never returned, leaving his band mates to apologize to the confused crowd.
The band later confirmed that Followill had suffered from "vocal issues and exhaustion." The tour resumed in Canada and Australia in the fall, but the remaining US dates were never rescheduled.
"It'll be good to take six months off and be normal, enjoy being married. Matt's got a baby now. I'd say within six months we'll be getting back in songwriting mode. We can't stay gone too long or we'll get bored and fat and die of heart attacks," Nathan Followill told The Daily Telegraph Australia in October.
Looks like the hiatus has been pretty good for all members of Kings of Leon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]