Forensic Technician Michael Cormier’s Death Fuels Andrew Breitbart Conspiracy Theories
By Amanda Remling | May 2, 2012 9:59 PM EST
When conservative blogger and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart died on March 1 at the age of 43, many raised the question "Was he assassinated?" Further fueling a mix of conspiracy theories around his death, L.A. County forensic technician Michael Cormier died on April 20...the same day that Breitbart's autopsy report was released.
The Los Angeles Times reported that officials believe that Cormier, 61, died from poisoning. Last week Cormier had been complaining of pain and vomiting. He was taken to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center where he passed away.
An autopsy was completed, but it may take months to determine the exact cause of death. Although police were notified by hospital staff about "concerns surrounding the cause of Cormier's death," law enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times that they are not jumping to the conclusion of homicide.
"At this point we haven't ruled out foul play," said Lt. Alan Hamilton of the Los Angeles Police Department. "It is one of the things being considered. We are waiting for the coroner's results."
Authorities are currently looking into arsenic as the potentially lethal poison. No final determination has been made, but a poison accidentally entering Cormier's system is a possibility.
Cormier's death has the Internet returning to Breitbart death conspiracy theories.
Just a few weeks before his death, Breitbart had told an audience at a CPAC rally that he was in possession of video tapes of President Obama in college. Breitbart claimed that these tapes would incriminate the President.
"I've got videos...from his college days, to show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what 'hope' and 'change' was sold in 2008," Breitbart told the crowd. "The rest of us slept while they plotted, and they plotted, and they plotted."
Andrew Breitbart died on March 1, right before he was reported to release the tapes. Upon hearing of his death many called foul, believing that President Obama may have played a hand in his early demise.
After Breitbart's death, Buzzfeed reportedly discovered the "scandalous clip" of Obama that Breitbart was talking about. Breitbart's blog released the video shortly after. The just-over-a-minute video from 1991 shows Obama speaking at Harvard in regards to the protests surrounding the denial of tenure for a black professor. While Breitbart claimed that the video could have the potential to be damaging to his career, many thought the video lacked the racially charged comments that the blogger had emphasized.
Radio host and political commentator Michael Savage raised the question of assassination on his radio show. "If there's going to be an autopsy...are we allowed to ask the question?" said Savage. "Let me ask my audience the question: What do you think? Do you think he died from natural causes from overwork, exhaustion, had a heart attack and died - or do you think it's possible that he was executed, assassinated by some nefarious forces in America?"
The L.A. County coroner's office revealed on April 20 that Breitbart had died of heart failure stemming from coronary disease. According to the coroner's office, traces of alcohol were found in the bloggers system, but "no prescription or illicit drugs were detected."
Michael Cormier's death may reopen the door for conspiracy theorists, however, the Huffington Post reports that Cormier did not conduct Breitbart's autopsy.
InfoWars.com writers are still making the connection between the two deaths though.
"According to early reports, Michael Cormier was 'seemingly healthy,' yet 'suddenly stricken' with a fatal condition - just like Andrew Breitbart," Patrick Henningsen wrote for InfoWars.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- ACCC Targets Australian Companies Over Scrapped Carbon Tax; Orders Virgin, Qantas to Explain Why No Savings to Give Back to Consumers
- EU & U.S. Announce Further Sanctions against Russia
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects