'Skyrim DLC' Will Be Called 'Dawnguard,' Bethesda Confirms Release Date For This Summer
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 2, 2012 4:20 AM EST
The day has finally come. After months of speculation and anticipation, Bethesda finally announced that the upcoming DLC will be called "Dawnguard." The downloadable content package will debut on Xbox consoles this summer, and more details will be available at E3. This is the first DLC to be released for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," which was released in November 2011.
"Dawnguard. Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3," the Bethesda Softworks Twitter account posted on May 1st.
The artwork for the Dawnguard expansion features a Viking-esque character with visible crossbow arrows in his arsenal and glowing eyes. It looks likes fans were on point when they assumed the DLC release would feature Dawnguards, which was predicted after a patent was filed for the term in March.
The trademark filed is for "computer game software and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the Internet and wireless devices."
Players recently suspected that the content would focus on Snow Elf characters after a game update leaked information through file folders. "Skyrim's" 1.5.26 update contained a folder labeled "DLC01," and included assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis. It is unclear if this will play a role in the Dawnguard DLC, but the artwork does show the arrows.
Earlier today Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing Pete Hines revealed that the announcement would come today:
"A tidbit of info," Hines posted on Twitter on May 1st. "Not a complete dload of info. Managing expectations. RT @ElderScrolls: Be on the lookout for the 1st DLC info today."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date