'Skyrim DLC' Will Be Called 'Dawnguard,' Bethesda Confirms Release Date For This Summer
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 2, 2012 4:20 AM EST
The day has finally come. After months of speculation and anticipation, Bethesda finally announced that the upcoming DLC will be called "Dawnguard." The downloadable content package will debut on Xbox consoles this summer, and more details will be available at E3. This is the first DLC to be released for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," which was released in November 2011.
"Dawnguard. Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3," the Bethesda Softworks Twitter account posted on May 1st.
The artwork for the Dawnguard expansion features a Viking-esque character with visible crossbow arrows in his arsenal and glowing eyes. It looks likes fans were on point when they assumed the DLC release would feature Dawnguards, which was predicted after a patent was filed for the term in March.
The trademark filed is for "computer game software and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the Internet and wireless devices."
Players recently suspected that the content would focus on Snow Elf characters after a game update leaked information through file folders. "Skyrim's" 1.5.26 update contained a folder labeled "DLC01," and included assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis. It is unclear if this will play a role in the Dawnguard DLC, but the artwork does show the arrows.
Earlier today Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing Pete Hines revealed that the announcement would come today:
"A tidbit of info," Hines posted on Twitter on May 1st. "Not a complete dload of info. Managing expectations. RT @ElderScrolls: Be on the lookout for the 1st DLC info today."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'