'Skyrim DLC' Will Be Called 'Dawnguard,' Bethesda Confirms Release Date For This Summer
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 2, 2012 4:20 AM EST
The day has finally come. After months of speculation and anticipation, Bethesda finally announced that the upcoming DLC will be called "Dawnguard." The downloadable content package will debut on Xbox consoles this summer, and more details will be available at E3. This is the first DLC to be released for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," which was released in November 2011.
"Dawnguard. Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3," the Bethesda Softworks Twitter account posted on May 1st.
The artwork for the Dawnguard expansion features a Viking-esque character with visible crossbow arrows in his arsenal and glowing eyes. It looks likes fans were on point when they assumed the DLC release would feature Dawnguards, which was predicted after a patent was filed for the term in March.
The trademark filed is for "computer game software and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the Internet and wireless devices."
Players recently suspected that the content would focus on Snow Elf characters after a game update leaked information through file folders. "Skyrim's" 1.5.26 update contained a folder labeled "DLC01," and included assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis. It is unclear if this will play a role in the Dawnguard DLC, but the artwork does show the arrows.
Earlier today Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing Pete Hines revealed that the announcement would come today:
"A tidbit of info," Hines posted on Twitter on May 1st. "Not a complete dload of info. Managing expectations. RT @ElderScrolls: Be on the lookout for the 1st DLC info today."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More