'Skyrim DLC' Will Be Called 'Dawnguard,' Bethesda Confirms Release Date For This Summer
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 2, 2012 4:20 AM EST
The day has finally come. After months of speculation and anticipation, Bethesda finally announced that the upcoming DLC will be called "Dawnguard." The downloadable content package will debut on Xbox consoles this summer, and more details will be available at E3. This is the first DLC to be released for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," which was released in November 2011.
"Dawnguard. Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3," the Bethesda Softworks Twitter account posted on May 1st.
The artwork for the Dawnguard expansion features a Viking-esque character with visible crossbow arrows in his arsenal and glowing eyes. It looks likes fans were on point when they assumed the DLC release would feature Dawnguards, which was predicted after a patent was filed for the term in March.
The trademark filed is for "computer game software and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the Internet and wireless devices."
Players recently suspected that the content would focus on Snow Elf characters after a game update leaked information through file folders. "Skyrim's" 1.5.26 update contained a folder labeled "DLC01," and included assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis. It is unclear if this will play a role in the Dawnguard DLC, but the artwork does show the arrows.
Earlier today Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing Pete Hines revealed that the announcement would come today:
"A tidbit of info," Hines posted on Twitter on May 1st. "Not a complete dload of info. Managing expectations. RT @ElderScrolls: Be on the lookout for the 1st DLC info today."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports