'Skyrim DLC' Will Be Called 'Dawnguard,' Bethesda Confirms Release Date For This Summer
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 2, 2012 4:20 AM EST
The day has finally come. After months of speculation and anticipation, Bethesda finally announced that the upcoming DLC will be called "Dawnguard." The downloadable content package will debut on Xbox consoles this summer, and more details will be available at E3. This is the first DLC to be released for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim," which was released in November 2011.
"Dawnguard. Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3," the Bethesda Softworks Twitter account posted on May 1st.
The artwork for the Dawnguard expansion features a Viking-esque character with visible crossbow arrows in his arsenal and glowing eyes. It looks likes fans were on point when they assumed the DLC release would feature Dawnguards, which was predicted after a patent was filed for the term in March.
The trademark filed is for "computer game software and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the Internet and wireless devices."
Players recently suspected that the content would focus on Snow Elf characters after a game update leaked information through file folders. "Skyrim's" 1.5.26 update contained a folder labeled "DLC01," and included assets for new Snow Elf characters, a Snow Elf Princess, crossbows and new vampire animations such as feeding and hypnosis. It is unclear if this will play a role in the Dawnguard DLC, but the artwork does show the arrows.
Earlier today Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing Pete Hines revealed that the announcement would come today:
"A tidbit of info," Hines posted on Twitter on May 1st. "Not a complete dload of info. Managing expectations. RT @ElderScrolls: Be on the lookout for the 1st DLC info today."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists