Samsung Galaxy S 3 Specs Confirmed: 4.8-Inch Display, Quad-Core Chips, Home Button?
By Carlo Alejandro Fernandez | May 1, 2012 5:28 PM EST
Fast forward with the Galaxy S 3 specs and the details that Samsung Electronics has confirmed: the newest iteration to Samsung's flagship smartphone would be unveiled May 3 in the U.K., the new device would be called Samsung Galaxy S 3, the device would run on a 1.4-plus GHz Exynos 4 Quad-core chip, and there would be no support for 3D technology.
Samsung though has not released any press images or prototypes of the highly anticipated smartphone. Know Your Mobile claims to have a leaked photo that reveals of Galaxy S 3 specs that include a 4.8-inch display and will measure 130 mm long. The Galaxy S 2 has a height of 125 mm, a width of 55.1 mm, and a depth of 8.49 mm.
As to the design, a Korean fan site Sam Mobile and GSM Arena showed alleged leak sketches or press shots of Galaxy S 3 that has a physical home button with two touch sensitive buttons either side. Recall that the Galaxy Nexus, the first smartphone launched with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, doesn't have physical buttons, and instead features on-screen soft keys.
Here are the LIKELY Galaxy S 3 specs:
* Name: Samsung Galaxy S 3 (CONFIRMED)
* Design: Slimmer and bigger than 4.3-inch Galaxy S2. With home button.
* Measurement: 131 mm height x 64 mm width x 8 mm depth. As the Galaxy S II is already thin at 8.5 mm, a 8 mm thin Galaxy S 3 would make the device among the thinnest in the market place.
* Weight: Around 125 grams.
* Display: 720p or 1080P resolution display with 16:9 aspect ratio.
* Screen: 4.7 or 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD screen.
* Processor: 1.4 GHz quad-core Exynos CPU (CONFIRMED)
* Memory 1 or 2 GB RAM.
* Camera: 12MP rear camera.
* Platform: 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system plus upgraded TouchWiz software (CONFIRMED)
* 3D Support: None (CONFIRMED)
* Connectivity: 4G LTE network support, optional Near Field Communication (NFC), microUSB version 3.0, assisted GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth version 4.0, Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct plus hotspot functionality and dedicated microHDMI port.
We'll find out the complete and actual Galaxy S3 specs when the device is finally unveiled May 3.
Would you switch to a Galaxy S 3? Or would you wait for an iPhone 5?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change