Samsung Galaxy S 3 Specs Confirmed: 4.8-Inch Display, Quad-Core Chips, Home Button?
By Carlo Alejandro Fernandez | May 1, 2012 5:28 PM EST
Fast forward with the Galaxy S 3 specs and the details that Samsung Electronics has confirmed: the newest iteration to Samsung's flagship smartphone would be unveiled May 3 in the U.K., the new device would be called Samsung Galaxy S 3, the device would run on a 1.4-plus GHz Exynos 4 Quad-core chip, and there would be no support for 3D technology.
Samsung though has not released any press images or prototypes of the highly anticipated smartphone. Know Your Mobile claims to have a leaked photo that reveals of Galaxy S 3 specs that include a 4.8-inch display and will measure 130 mm long. The Galaxy S 2 has a height of 125 mm, a width of 55.1 mm, and a depth of 8.49 mm.
As to the design, a Korean fan site Sam Mobile and GSM Arena showed alleged leak sketches or press shots of Galaxy S 3 that has a physical home button with two touch sensitive buttons either side. Recall that the Galaxy Nexus, the first smartphone launched with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, doesn't have physical buttons, and instead features on-screen soft keys.
Here are the LIKELY Galaxy S 3 specs:
* Name: Samsung Galaxy S 3 (CONFIRMED)
* Design: Slimmer and bigger than 4.3-inch Galaxy S2. With home button.
* Measurement: 131 mm height x 64 mm width x 8 mm depth. As the Galaxy S II is already thin at 8.5 mm, a 8 mm thin Galaxy S 3 would make the device among the thinnest in the market place.
* Weight: Around 125 grams.
* Display: 720p or 1080P resolution display with 16:9 aspect ratio.
* Screen: 4.7 or 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD screen.
* Processor: 1.4 GHz quad-core Exynos CPU (CONFIRMED)
* Memory 1 or 2 GB RAM.
* Camera: 12MP rear camera.
* Platform: 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system plus upgraded TouchWiz software (CONFIRMED)
* 3D Support: None (CONFIRMED)
* Connectivity: 4G LTE network support, optional Near Field Communication (NFC), microUSB version 3.0, assisted GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth version 4.0, Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct plus hotspot functionality and dedicated microHDMI port.
We'll find out the complete and actual Galaxy S3 specs when the device is finally unveiled May 3.
Would you switch to a Galaxy S 3? Or would you wait for an iPhone 5?
To contact the editor, e-mail: