Samsung Galaxy S III: Confirmed Details and Specifications Plus Rumored Features
By Mary Elaine Ramos | April 30, 2012 7:52 PM EST
Samsung finally confirmed some of the rumored specifications about the highly-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S III. So far, the company has remained silent regarding the countless number of rumors about this smartphone but for the past weeks, Samsung has taken time to confirm some of the details about the Samsung Galaxy S III.
Confirmed Details about Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Unveiling on May 3 - Samsung has already sent invites for the "big event" happening on May 3 in London. This event dubbed as "Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012" would be for the unveiling of Samsung Galaxy S III to the public. Before the big reveal on May 3, Samsung also released a teaser of some sort through Twitter stating "Destination: tgeltaayehxnx". Most customers figured that it was an anagram which stands for "The Next Galaxy".
Samsung Galaxy S III as the Official Name - It would be a little strange if Samsung utilized the same naming style from Apple in terms of their new device. Most people were surprised when Apple named their latest iPad model as the "new iPad" instead of the expected "iPad 3". Samsung finally diffused this rumor by releasing a statement saying "We are anticipating very strong demand of Galaxy S III."
1.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor - One of the most exciting features about the Samsung Galaxy S III is the possibility that it will utilize a quad-core processor. Samsung finally confirmed this rumor through a press release by the company. Here is an excerpt from the press release:
"Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor solutions, today introduced the industry's first quad-core application processor built on the High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) low-power process technology. With unprecedented performance capabilities exceeding 1.4GHz based on the ARM® CORTEXTM A9 quad-core, the powerful, yet energy-efficient Exynos 4 Quad, allows system-level architects to integrate maximized power efficiencies into smartphones and tablets which enables double the processing power at a 20 percent lower power bill over its predecessors, the 45nm process-based Exynos 4 Dual."
No 3D Technology - One of the first rumored features about the Samsung Galaxy S III is the probability that it will support 3D technology. Samsung officially denied this rumor through Engadget by releasing this statement: "Although Samsung Electronics is constantly exploring new technologies for our mobile devices, we have no immediate plan to include displays featuring 3D technology in our upcoming smartphones." This statement puts a period in this rumor.
Even if Samsung has taken time to confirm some of the rumors about Samsung Galaxy S III, the exact details about this smartphone is still scarce hence the countless number of rumors. Here are some of the rumored features about Samsung Galaxy S III:
Dimensions: 131x64x8, weighs around 125 grams
Screen and Display Resolution: 4.7-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen 720p or 1080P display
Storage: 16GB of internal memory (expandable to 32GB)
Memory: 1 or 2GB RAM
Camera: 12MP camera with autofocus, face detection and LED flash
OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC (Near Field Communication), microUSB version 3.0, Bluetooth version 4.0, Wi-Fi, and microHDMI port.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko