Taylor Swift: From Creating Music to Recreating Music Moguls in Film
By Diadem Pambid | April 30, 2012 2:14 PM EST
Taylor Swift has already made her mark in the music industry by winning over hundreds of awards, but it looks like the 22-year old still hasn't made an impression yet.
After showing off her acting chops in "Valentine's Day" opposite Taylor Lautner, and in "The Lorax" alongside Zac Efron, Swift is set to star in two different films this year. The country singer is proving she's not only a talented musician, but a great actress as well.
Grammy Awards aren't all that for Taylor Swift because it looks as if she's got her "Eyes Open" for an Oscar nomination. Swift is set to play the role of Joni Mitchell in Sheila Weller's novel, "Girls Like Us".
The book revolved around the lives of the most influential musicians in America namely Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and Carole King. While acting may be an all-too different world for the singer, Taylor gushes that it has always "fascinated" her.
"I love the idea that you can tell a story in that way," shares Taylor in an interview with MTV News. "I've been reading scripts for about five years. In my free time, that's all I do is read scripts."
With all the roles Hollywood has to offer, Swift is not likely to just jump onto every role she is offered.
"I just want to make decisions really carefully. I think, with movies, it's really important that you have to love something so much that you cannot think about anything else," says Swift.
"If you're going to become someone else, that's a huge deal. That's a huge commitment, and I would want to have the time and the ability and the love for something and the love for a character to where I could really make that commitment to it." added the singer.
Another rumored role that Swift might be set to play is 'Sandy' in the anticipated remake of "Grease". Swift is said to be the top choice of the original Sandy, Olivia Newton-John. In an interview with Showbiz Tonight, Newton-John says Swift would be the perfect choice.
"I'm sure they'll try [a remake], and I think it would probably do well because people would be curious. But there's something about the originals that people still want to see," said Newton-John.
"But I'm sure they'll do it, and they'll do an updated version, and it'll be great. Lately, I've thought Taylor Swift could probably [play Sandy], because she's very talented. And my daughter, I've always thought she could."
While all these are simply rumors, Taylor Swift landing any of these roles would certainly mean the singer is even more talented than what she's called for. Hopefully, Swift manages to nab either one of the roles and not lose out like she did to the role of Eponine in the highly-acclaimed remake of "Les Miserables".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide