Taylor Swift: From Creating Music to Recreating Music Moguls in Film
By Diadem Pambid | April 30, 2012 2:14 PM EST
Taylor Swift has already made her mark in the music industry by winning over hundreds of awards, but it looks like the 22-year old still hasn't made an impression yet.
After showing off her acting chops in "Valentine's Day" opposite Taylor Lautner, and in "The Lorax" alongside Zac Efron, Swift is set to star in two different films this year. The country singer is proving she's not only a talented musician, but a great actress as well.
Grammy Awards aren't all that for Taylor Swift because it looks as if she's got her "Eyes Open" for an Oscar nomination. Swift is set to play the role of Joni Mitchell in Sheila Weller's novel, "Girls Like Us".
The book revolved around the lives of the most influential musicians in America namely Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and Carole King. While acting may be an all-too different world for the singer, Taylor gushes that it has always "fascinated" her.
"I love the idea that you can tell a story in that way," shares Taylor in an interview with MTV News. "I've been reading scripts for about five years. In my free time, that's all I do is read scripts."
With all the roles Hollywood has to offer, Swift is not likely to just jump onto every role she is offered.
"I just want to make decisions really carefully. I think, with movies, it's really important that you have to love something so much that you cannot think about anything else," says Swift.
"If you're going to become someone else, that's a huge deal. That's a huge commitment, and I would want to have the time and the ability and the love for something and the love for a character to where I could really make that commitment to it." added the singer.
Another rumored role that Swift might be set to play is 'Sandy' in the anticipated remake of "Grease". Swift is said to be the top choice of the original Sandy, Olivia Newton-John. In an interview with Showbiz Tonight, Newton-John says Swift would be the perfect choice.
"I'm sure they'll try [a remake], and I think it would probably do well because people would be curious. But there's something about the originals that people still want to see," said Newton-John.
"But I'm sure they'll do it, and they'll do an updated version, and it'll be great. Lately, I've thought Taylor Swift could probably [play Sandy], because she's very talented. And my daughter, I've always thought she could."
While all these are simply rumors, Taylor Swift landing any of these roles would certainly mean the singer is even more talented than what she's called for. Hopefully, Swift manages to nab either one of the roles and not lose out like she did to the role of Eponine in the highly-acclaimed remake of "Les Miserables".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy