Taylor Swift: From Creating Music to Recreating Music Moguls in Film
By Diadem Pambid | April 30, 2012 2:14 PM EST
Taylor Swift has already made her mark in the music industry by winning over hundreds of awards, but it looks like the 22-year old still hasn't made an impression yet.
After showing off her acting chops in "Valentine's Day" opposite Taylor Lautner, and in "The Lorax" alongside Zac Efron, Swift is set to star in two different films this year. The country singer is proving she's not only a talented musician, but a great actress as well.
Grammy Awards aren't all that for Taylor Swift because it looks as if she's got her "Eyes Open" for an Oscar nomination. Swift is set to play the role of Joni Mitchell in Sheila Weller's novel, "Girls Like Us".
The book revolved around the lives of the most influential musicians in America namely Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and Carole King. While acting may be an all-too different world for the singer, Taylor gushes that it has always "fascinated" her.
"I love the idea that you can tell a story in that way," shares Taylor in an interview with MTV News. "I've been reading scripts for about five years. In my free time, that's all I do is read scripts."
With all the roles Hollywood has to offer, Swift is not likely to just jump onto every role she is offered.
"I just want to make decisions really carefully. I think, with movies, it's really important that you have to love something so much that you cannot think about anything else," says Swift.
"If you're going to become someone else, that's a huge deal. That's a huge commitment, and I would want to have the time and the ability and the love for something and the love for a character to where I could really make that commitment to it." added the singer.
Another rumored role that Swift might be set to play is 'Sandy' in the anticipated remake of "Grease". Swift is said to be the top choice of the original Sandy, Olivia Newton-John. In an interview with Showbiz Tonight, Newton-John says Swift would be the perfect choice.
"I'm sure they'll try [a remake], and I think it would probably do well because people would be curious. But there's something about the originals that people still want to see," said Newton-John.
"But I'm sure they'll do it, and they'll do an updated version, and it'll be great. Lately, I've thought Taylor Swift could probably [play Sandy], because she's very talented. And my daughter, I've always thought she could."
While all these are simply rumors, Taylor Swift landing any of these roles would certainly mean the singer is even more talented than what she's called for. Hopefully, Swift manages to nab either one of the roles and not lose out like she did to the role of Eponine in the highly-acclaimed remake of "Les Miserables".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff