WATCH: '3 Second Rule' Music Video By Lisa Gail Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 23, 2012 3:44 AM EST
North Texas resident Lisa Gail Alfred's music video for her tutorial pop song "3 Second Rule" went viral online over the past few days, causing the singer to remove the original from YouTube.
The video was quickly picked up by a number of websites, including Austinist (an offshoot of Gothamist), the Huffington Post and Buzzfeed, the last of which called it "The Worst Thing You'll Hear All Day." This barrage of criticism may have caused Alfred to quickly take down the video, although thankfully several copies already existed online.
The song itself teaches men who are dating or married that it is all right to look at other attractive women, but only for three seconds, and also notes that "rules mean you only look but you cannot touch."
The song's chorus speaks for itself:
"It's called the three second rule.
Like the kinda rule you had in school.
It's just my three second rule.
It's designed to keep my man in line as long as he follows the three second rule..."
At Lisa Gail Alfred's website, where the video is still available, though not in YouTube form, you can also listen to her other songs, including "Dirty Girl," "You're Easy On The Eyes" and "Lord Break The Curse." In her bio Lisa Gail describes herself as sounding like "Shania Twain, Martina McBride Fancluc, Terri Clarck, Faith Hill, Neidi Newfield." She started singing in the Texas Girls Choir and won several competitions for her singing and flute playing.
The music video has earned comparison's to Rebecca Black's excruciating "Friday," but while that was a pop sing created by Ark Studios, a company that allows rich parents to pay for their talentless children to star in music videos, Lisa Gail's song has a more homemade feeling to it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6