Pakistan Plane Crash Kills 127
By Alberto Riva | April 21, 2012 1:39 AM EST
A Boeing 737 belonging to Pakistani airline Bhoja Airlines has crashed Friday near the city of Rawalpindi, according to Pakistani media. The Pakistani Defence Ministry has confirmed the accident. Express News reports that according to a police official there were 127 passengers and crew on board, and rescuers said that nobody has survived. Earlier reports indicated that there were 122 people on board.
Flight B4 213 was en route from Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, to the capital Islamabad in the north of the country. It was expected at 6:40pm local time, reported Pakistan's Geo News.
Air traffic control did not report receiving any distress calls from the plane, which went down in bad weather moments before landing, 10 km (6 miles) from the Islamabad airport. Authorities haven't indicated a possible cause for the crash.
Bhoja Airlines is a small airline operating a handful of Boeing 737 jets of the older 200 and 400 series, no longer produced by Boeing.
The airline's website states that Bhoja was founded in 1993 and restarted operations recently after being grounded for some time.
.According to airline fleet tracking site CH Aviation, Bhoja has four 737-200 aircraft, originally belonging to British Airways, and one 737-400 that used to fly with German airline Lufthansa. All five planes are at least 20 years old. According to several aviation sites, the aircraft that crashed was a 737-200 built in 1980.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4