Pakistan Plane Crash Kills 127
By Alberto Riva | April 21, 2012 1:39 AM EST
A Boeing 737 belonging to Pakistani airline Bhoja Airlines has crashed Friday near the city of Rawalpindi, according to Pakistani media. The Pakistani Defence Ministry has confirmed the accident. Express News reports that according to a police official there were 127 passengers and crew on board, and rescuers said that nobody has survived. Earlier reports indicated that there were 122 people on board.
Flight B4 213 was en route from Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, to the capital Islamabad in the north of the country. It was expected at 6:40pm local time, reported Pakistan's Geo News.
Air traffic control did not report receiving any distress calls from the plane, which went down in bad weather moments before landing, 10 km (6 miles) from the Islamabad airport. Authorities haven't indicated a possible cause for the crash.
Bhoja Airlines is a small airline operating a handful of Boeing 737 jets of the older 200 and 400 series, no longer produced by Boeing.
The airline's website states that Bhoja was founded in 1993 and restarted operations recently after being grounded for some time.
.According to airline fleet tracking site CH Aviation, Bhoja has four 737-200 aircraft, originally belonging to British Airways, and one 737-400 that used to fly with German airline Lufthansa. All five planes are at least 20 years old. According to several aviation sites, the aircraft that crashed was a 737-200 built in 1980.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance