MGM cancels James Bond project
By Marc Espino | July 7, 2010 4:06 PM EST
A lot of women will definitely be disappointed because they wouldn't be able to see Daniel Craig topless on an exotic beach wearing tiny swimming trunks as plans for the next James Bond have been stopped and the project is dead.
In April, it was announced that the project was on an indefinite hold, but the truth was the funds were insufficient for the film's production costs.
MGM has been looking for financial resources for James Bond 23 that was set to be directed by Sam Mendes and the script to be written by Peter Morgan, however, there weren't any developments.
Harry Knowles says that "apparently all development on the next James Bond flick is dead. They've actually f***ed MGM up so much that right now, they've canned development of a new James Bond film."
UK's Mirror confirms: "Members of the production crew have been told the Bond film has been canned. There is a lot of bad feeling as a lot of time, money and hard work has already gone into this."
The studio is said to be in a financial crisis, with $3.7 billion in debt, but will proceed with The Hobbit, which is still underway.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change