Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 6’ to Release in October [FEATURES]
By Sarmistha Acharya | April 12, 2012 5:26 PM EST
The developers of the soon-to-be-launched "Resident Evil 6" (RE6) - Capcom - confirmed, at a press conference in Rome, they will release the game ahead of schedule. The company said the game would launch on 2 October (for the consoles) but the PC version will come at a later date, according to a report by IGN. The earlier reports suggested Capcom would release RE6 on 20 November for the consoles and release the PC version later.
The game has been produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who also produced Resident Evil 4. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.
"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U. Right now we are concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and PC version of the game," Kobayashi was quoted as saying, when asked if there were plans to release on Nintendo's console.
Meanwhile, Capcom have provided details on the game's multiplayer modes and gameplay footage. Apparently RE6 will see the return of cooperative multiplayer, including both online and split-screen play. The multiplayer mode will feature drop-in and drop-out play unlike "Resident Evil 5". Furthermore, players will now be able to enter and leave games as they please. They will no longer be forced to return to check points or restart chapters.
Finally, the "Mercenaries" mode in previous "Resident Evil" games will make a return in RE6 and it will not be locked feature. Multiplayer options which include new co-op mechanics will be announced in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change