Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 6’ to Release in October [FEATURES]
By Sarmistha Acharya | April 12, 2012 5:26 PM EST
The developers of the soon-to-be-launched "Resident Evil 6" (RE6) - Capcom - confirmed, at a press conference in Rome, they will release the game ahead of schedule. The company said the game would launch on 2 October (for the consoles) but the PC version will come at a later date, according to a report by IGN. The earlier reports suggested Capcom would release RE6 on 20 November for the consoles and release the PC version later.
The game has been produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who also produced Resident Evil 4. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.
"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U. Right now we are concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and PC version of the game," Kobayashi was quoted as saying, when asked if there were plans to release on Nintendo's console.
Meanwhile, Capcom have provided details on the game's multiplayer modes and gameplay footage. Apparently RE6 will see the return of cooperative multiplayer, including both online and split-screen play. The multiplayer mode will feature drop-in and drop-out play unlike "Resident Evil 5". Furthermore, players will now be able to enter and leave games as they please. They will no longer be forced to return to check points or restart chapters.
Finally, the "Mercenaries" mode in previous "Resident Evil" games will make a return in RE6 and it will not be locked feature. Multiplayer options which include new co-op mechanics will be announced in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef