Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 6’ to Release in October [FEATURES]
By Sarmistha Acharya | April 12, 2012 5:26 PM EST
The developers of the soon-to-be-launched "Resident Evil 6" (RE6) - Capcom - confirmed, at a press conference in Rome, they will release the game ahead of schedule. The company said the game would launch on 2 October (for the consoles) but the PC version will come at a later date, according to a report by IGN. The earlier reports suggested Capcom would release RE6 on 20 November for the consoles and release the PC version later.
The game has been produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who also produced Resident Evil 4. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.
"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U. Right now we are concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and PC version of the game," Kobayashi was quoted as saying, when asked if there were plans to release on Nintendo's console.
Meanwhile, Capcom have provided details on the game's multiplayer modes and gameplay footage. Apparently RE6 will see the return of cooperative multiplayer, including both online and split-screen play. The multiplayer mode will feature drop-in and drop-out play unlike "Resident Evil 5". Furthermore, players will now be able to enter and leave games as they please. They will no longer be forced to return to check points or restart chapters.
Finally, the "Mercenaries" mode in previous "Resident Evil" games will make a return in RE6 and it will not be locked feature. Multiplayer options which include new co-op mechanics will be announced in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2