Pope Benedict XVI Fun Facts: Holy Father Turns 85 in April
By Simi John | April 8, 2012 10:40 PM EST
The head of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI, will celebrate his 85th birthday on 16 April. The pontiff, despite several concerns about his health, has had a relatively active year, making an apostolic journey to Mexico and Cuba. He is now actively participating in Easter celebrations.
The German pontiff is the 265th pope and was elected on 19 April 2005. Check out some facts about the Pope...
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness