'Octomom' Nadya Suleman: $8000 Topless Shoot Not Enough, Back on Food Stamps
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 6, 2012 2:09 PM EST
Nadya Suleman, also known as "Octomom," has announced that she has sought public welfare again in order to feed her 14 children.
In an interview on "The Today Show", Suleman told Matt Lauer that she has been accepting food stamps for the past two months after undergoing great financial difficulty.
Last week, the 30-year-old single mother, told Anderson Cooper that she had accepted $8,000 for a topless shoot with Britain's Closer magazine.
"I got $8,000. I have to do what I have to do to take care of my family, and I'm not ashamed," she said. "I'm not ashamed at all. I've never sacrificed my morals and values," she told Cooper. But the money obviously wasn't enough as the famous mom told Lauer that she is struggling to make ends meet.
Meanwhile, Suleman explained that she had some business ventures in the pipeline, including an online "Octomom" reality TV venture and the release of a horror movie she stared in called "Millennium"
Suleman doesn't seem to worry that her financial situation could cause her family to spilt up. " That would never happen," she told Lauer. " I can guarantee you of that." She is also facing foreclosure on her La Habra home, according to WSBT.com
She told Cooper that she kept her financial struggles form her children because she doesn't want to burden them with her problems. "I don't feel it's appropriate to burden [the kids] with that kind of stress," she said. "I do my best to have life for them every day as happy as possible. We play, we enjoy the moments we have together and that's all that really matters."
Suleman became famous in 2009 after giving birth to octuplets. She was quickly known as "Octomom" and her octuplets became the longest surviving octuplets in the world.
Suleman's medical specialist was stripped off his medical license after implanting her with 12 embryos. She had six children before then.
The news of Suleman's welfare benefits has created great controversy in the U.S. According to TMZ, she has been receiving death threats from strangers in California State.
"Die b-. I'm not working for your f-ing kids, you're the one that wanted them," read one of threats, TMZ reported.
In defense of her claims, Suleman says she sought help only because she was desperate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories