'Octomom' Nadya Suleman: $8000 Topless Shoot Not Enough, Back on Food Stamps
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 6, 2012 2:09 PM EST
Nadya Suleman, also known as "Octomom," has announced that she has sought public welfare again in order to feed her 14 children.
In an interview on "The Today Show", Suleman told Matt Lauer that she has been accepting food stamps for the past two months after undergoing great financial difficulty.
Last week, the 30-year-old single mother, told Anderson Cooper that she had accepted $8,000 for a topless shoot with Britain's Closer magazine.
"I got $8,000. I have to do what I have to do to take care of my family, and I'm not ashamed," she said. "I'm not ashamed at all. I've never sacrificed my morals and values," she told Cooper. But the money obviously wasn't enough as the famous mom told Lauer that she is struggling to make ends meet.
Meanwhile, Suleman explained that she had some business ventures in the pipeline, including an online "Octomom" reality TV venture and the release of a horror movie she stared in called "Millennium"
Suleman doesn't seem to worry that her financial situation could cause her family to spilt up. " That would never happen," she told Lauer. " I can guarantee you of that." She is also facing foreclosure on her La Habra home, according to WSBT.com
She told Cooper that she kept her financial struggles form her children because she doesn't want to burden them with her problems. "I don't feel it's appropriate to burden [the kids] with that kind of stress," she said. "I do my best to have life for them every day as happy as possible. We play, we enjoy the moments we have together and that's all that really matters."
Suleman became famous in 2009 after giving birth to octuplets. She was quickly known as "Octomom" and her octuplets became the longest surviving octuplets in the world.
Suleman's medical specialist was stripped off his medical license after implanting her with 12 embryos. She had six children before then.
The news of Suleman's welfare benefits has created great controversy in the U.S. According to TMZ, she has been receiving death threats from strangers in California State.
"Die b-. I'm not working for your f-ing kids, you're the one that wanted them," read one of threats, TMZ reported.
In defense of her claims, Suleman says she sought help only because she was desperate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop